Chapter 6

Rose's P.O.V

"Vanessa and Jenna, I remember now. Jenna pulled me by the hair and I smashed my head onto the wall." I said. "Those motherfuckers. How dare they do that to you. I'm so sorry I wasn't there for you. Do you want to press charges?" Reece asked, twirling a strand of my hair around his finger. I shook my head and continued, "They were badmouthing me and I—-" I trailed off, seeing his eyes open in shock. "Baby, don't believe anything they say okay, you know I love you." He said, clearly getting a image of what happened that day. "It's okay Reece. Yeah, I know. I don't want to say what they said, to you right now. There's no point pressing charges against them." I said.

He let go of that strand of hair and leaned in. Even in the dim moonlight, I could see his brown eyes staring into mine. He wrapped his arms around my waist and said, "I will not let those girls lay a finger on you anymore kay?" I nodded and kissed him, it was slow and sweet, I opened my mouth giving him entrance inside, with his tongue. He ran his tongue over my lips and I let out a quiet moan. His minty freshness filled my nose as he deepened the kiss. He pulled me closer as I wrapped my arms around his neck.

He laid me down, and pulled away. "I love you Rose." He said hoarsely. "I love you too Reece." I replied. "I better go." He said, sounding like he didn't want to leave at all. I nodded slowly not wanting him to leave too. "Goodnight Rose." He said before placing a sweet kiss on my forehead. "Night Reece. I'll be thinking bout you." I said. "I'll be thinking about you too. Always." He replied before walking out. I then fell into a deep slumber, my lips swollen from our kiss.

The next day.....

"Ugh..." I said, before trudging out of bed. I took a quick shower and checked the time on my phone. 7.01 am. After changing into a plain pink shirt and jeans, I heard a "ding!". It was a text message from Reece. It said,

Reece: I'm gonna pick you up, 7.30. Okay?

Rose: Sure Thanks.

Reece: Anything for the princess.

My heart fluttered at the nickname. I gobbled down my breakfast before telling my mom goodbye. My dad always leave at 6am for work so yeah. I got out of my house and stopped. I looked in front and there he was, looking fresh in a black flannel shirt that fit him perfectly. His six o' clock stubble was shaved and his hair was slicked back. "You done checking me out?" He said huskily. I blushed and he chuckled before motioning me to get in. "Are you done checking me out?" I said teasingly as his eyes raked up and down my body, boldly.

"Yeah." He said, before kissing my lips. "Time for school babe. Did you bring your pills? Does your head hurt?" He said, suddenly worried. I smiled back and said, "Don't worry too much Reece, I can take care myself." "I know princess, but if anything happens, call me kay?" He replied. On the way to school, I turned on the radio, Too good at goodbyes by Sam Smith came on and immediately sang along to the first verse,
"You must think that I'm stupid, you must think that I'm a fool, you must think that I'm new to this, but I have seen this all before..." When the song ended, he said, "You have a really good voice." I blushed and said shyly, "Thanks." "Why do you get shy when I compliment you?" He asked curiously. "Because not a lot boys compliment me. Rhea does but she's a girl." I replied. He kept quiet for a second. "Boys?" He asked sounding a little angry. "Yup boys do compliment me, sometimes..." I said, he looked tense. I put my head on his shoulder and he relaxed.

We arrived at school and I said, "Are you jealous other boys compliment me?" He looked away and nodded. I smiled and said, "Don't worry, you are the only boy in the the world that can compliment me, anytime. Other than my dad." He smiled and we both walked inside school, hand in hand. We parted ways to go to our lockers. As I was getting stuff from my locker, I saw Vanessa out of the corner of my eye. "Hey Rose, didn't you remember what I said at the mall that day? Stay away from my Reece." She said, her voice laced with venom.