Pidge || Aboard the Galra Ship

I woke up with a groan. Every bit of me ached. The fight with Lotor had drained me... The fight with Lotor! I woke up completely now, looking around me. I was in a Galra prison cell with... was that Lance?! I poked him. "Lance, wake up, please," I begged. I had never felt so defeated. I had no idea what had happened, and I hurt so bad, all over. I needed someone I could trust.

My efforts weren't in vain. Lance moaned, and cracked his eyes open. "Wha- what's going on?" His gaze wasn't focused, but as I watched, he finally focused on me. "Pidge?"

"Lance!" I had never felt more relieved. "You're okay! I don't know what happened, but-" The sound of marching footsteps echoing down the hallway interrupted me. We both looked up as the door swung open and Lotor came in, surrounded by an escort of droids. I glared at him, my hatred for the smug half-Galra prince bubbling over.

"What do you want from us? Why did you betray us? How could you... you.. monster!" I spat. 

Lotor backhanded me across the face. "Learn respect for your conquerer, small human. Or I might just have to teach you it myself." My cheek stung and my anger grew.

"Don't you touch her, half-breed filth," Lance growled. Lotor merely glanced at him with disdain, and kicked him, sending him tumbling across the floor till he hit a wall, and then he lay there, still.  Wrath bubbled in my stomach. Lotor had no right to treat him like that, but I knew better than to say anything now. 

"What, no response?" Lotor smiled at the prone form of Lance, and my glare. "Fine, I'll get the the point. You two are prisoners of war, as well as your other friends, but they are not here and you shall likely never see them again, so that matters not. What matters is that you two will be transported to the distant planet of Golomarm, to serve the people there. The Golomians are an advanced race that was smart enough to be allied with the Galra before my father took over, and a wealthy man has agreed to pay the highest amount for you two. So behave, or else." 

Lotor turned his back on us  and headed out, slamming the door behind him. Once his foot footsteps had receded into the distance, I took a deep, shuddering breath- and started to cry. I'd lost everything in less than 72 hours. Suddenly, I felt strong arms wrap around me, and Lance pulled me close. "Let it all out," he murmure gently. So I did. Only when I felt the splash of something wet on my forehead did I realize Lance was crying too. We had lost everything. Now we only had each other.

A/N: Thanks for reading! If you managed to make it past the backstory, you've got some endurance! I promise the story will be more interesting from here on out. If you liked the chapter, hit that vote button! Or don't...

Kitten out~