Pidge || Going Ons

I had been assigned to cleaning inside the house, and basically any odd jobs that required a computer nerd. They didn't use very advanced technology on Golomarm, so I wasn't needed very much for that. They had deemed me too small for outside work, to my great indignation, but I supposed it was better this way. Indoor work was probably easier. The first day was hard, but I told myself I just had to keep going. The second day was better, until that night, when I got to see Lance again.

Don't get me wrong, it wasn't the seeing Lance thing I was upset about. I was delighted to see him. Probably a bit too much. But I was sure he already had his eye on some alien lady servant, because that's just who Lance was. He flirted with all, and was boyfriend to none. 

That night, I decided to sit on our roof again, if hopes that Lance would remember and find me there. Last night had been the only bright spot in the otherwise terrible day. I felt safe around Lance. Come to think of it, I couldn't remember how I had gotten from the roof to my bed. Had Lance... carried me?! I blushed in the dark, Lance deciding to make his appearance just then. I controlled my emotions, and greeted him. "Hey." I gave him a weird little side hug when he sat next to me. 

I was surprised when he winced. Had something happened to him? "What's wrong Lance? Let me see." I grabbed the hem of his shirt without thinking.

"Nothing. It's okay," he protested, but like heck I believed him.

"No, it's not, Lance, let me see." I grabbed the hem of his  shirt on impulse, and pulled up, revealing the white bandages clearly in the moonlight. I looked up at him, horrified. "What happened to you?"

Lance smirked. Oh quiznak, what's he up to? "Nothing to worry about. The real question is-" He leaned closer to me, so that his lips were brushing my ear. "Why did you want to see what was under my shirt so badly?" Heat spread through my cheeks. I knew that I was blushing like an idiot, an effect Lance had never had on me before. It's just the stress, I told myself, Just the stress. I pulled away from him, facing the other way and crossing my arms. 

"Can't a friend want to know if their friend is hurt?" I asked, nose in the air, glad it was night so my red face wouldn't be as easily seen. I could feel his smirk on my back. 

"I'm just teasing, Pidge." He gently turned me back around to face him. "I know you were just trying to help. You're just so easy to tease, it's hard not to."

I smiled at him, blush forgotten. "Lance..."

And at that moment, he shoved me at the ladder. I climbed down, and once he was on the ground beside me, he grabbed my hand and started running.

~~~~~~~~~ A/N

Thank you to anyone who actually subjugated themselves to reading this! It's the author, Kitten. Life took over for a while and I couldn't write for a bit. But now I'm back, and with more story ideas than ever. My plan is to finish this fanfic, and start working on an original story. So I'll probably be releasing up to 3 chapters a week, to get this done. If you like the story, feel free to comment or vote!

-Kitten