2 | Sunglasses

2 | Sunglasses

~☁☀☁~

On the list of what I love most, shopping was right up there with dancing and mocha frappes.

Especially when it involved torturing and humiliating boys with Reyna.

"Can't I just get the black pair?" Wesley muttered as he nudged his glasses higher onto his nose.

Reyna pouted at him, holding a hanger up. "But I can get a black swimsuit and if you get these, it's like wearing each other's colors."

He scowled at the bright swim trunks, "Why does your color have to be rainbow?"

I threw my arm around her shoulders. "Because she's obsessed with Skittles. To think," I looked at her, "Wesley Black doesn't want to see his girl wearing a sexy black bikini."

"Nothing sexy!" Ian voiced a little too loudly, earning a dirty look from a nearby shopper. He was leaning against the wall, arms crossed as he glared over at us with an expression of irritation and boredom.

I waved him off and turned my attention back to Wesley, giving him an expectant stare as we waited for him to make a choice. His eyes bounced from me to Reyna as he considered what I said and when his gaze lingered on her for a long moment, I knew we succeeded in convincing him.

"Fine." With a resigned sigh, he took the shorts and told her, "I'll do it for you."

"Uh huh," I grinned, getting a stab in my ribs courtesy of my best friend's elbow. It was rightfully deserved after I made her blush and Wesley thoroughly uncomfortable. I knew for a fact after interrogating Reyna that her boyfriend wasn't so shy when he was alone with her, but it was adorable to see them both so flustered. I needed to get some sort of revenge for the seating arrangement in the truck, so my mission was accomplished.

It was only fair to shift the humiliation onto someone else now. It would be wrong to leave him out and--being the nice person that I am--I couldn't allow that to happen.

Skimming through the men's swimwear, I spotted the perfect item for what I had in mind. Humming to myself, I plucked the hanger from the rack and hid it behind my back.

"Hey, Ian."

He glanced over at me. "What?"

"I found the perfect thing for you to wear to the waterpark."

A skeptic brow rose as he asked, "You did, did you?"

Nodding eagerly, I revealed the piece of clothing to everyone. I heard Reyna cackling while I waved it in front of Ian and watched his face fall.

He was not impressed with the gold, glittering speedo.

I could be mean, but I wasn't heartless. After a good laugh at his expense, I put the skimpy bottoms back where they came from and picked out a pair of emerald green swim trunks. They were accented by a pale yellow diagonal stripe on one side and a matching drawstring. I walked over to where he was standing and held out the peace offering.

Ian looked wary of my kind gesture, like I was plotting more against him or up to no good.

"You should get them." I sighed before admitting, "They'll bring out the color of your eyes."

He moved away from the wall and slipped his fingers under the hanger's hook. "Thanks."

When my back was turned, I rolled my eyes at the unwelcome, stupid butterfly in my stomach and led the way to the ladies department with Reyna.