(4) Goodbye for now

Edited..kind of!

Chapter 4 (edited)

Goodbye for now

Darkness. That's all I see nothing but pitch black. I also can't feel anything... shouldn't I be feeling something? Like oxygen? The air? Heat? I don't know!

"Peter, it's happening," a hushed voice says

I try to open my eyes, but I can't. Why can't I open my eyes?! Am I blind?!

Oh, no... I am dead?!

"What are we going to do now?"

"What we should've done a long time ago, if her wolf is mature enough to know her mate is out there then she's mature enough to mate with Heath" the voice whispers

I recognize the voices, it's my mom and dad. Why are they talking about Heath? Well, actually that's not a surprise that's all they do!

"No, please don't do this! She has a mate, we can tell Heath, he will understand-"

"You shut your mouth! I am the alpha what I say goes! Do you want me to remind you of your place?"

It's not so dark anymore as I am suddenly transported into a forest where everything is green, the sun is shining down brightly and my skin feels warm, my surrounding is beautiful and smells fresh, I can hear birds chirping singing a happy song.

The sun is warm and it smells fresh. I can hear the birds chirp and sing a happy song.

"Amelia"

I turn around to see a huge black wolf standing ten feet away its eyes are glowing gold. The wolf fur was the color of a raven.

"Wow, Hi." I exhale taking small careful steps towards the wolf

"Peter, she's our little girl we can't just send her away to an unknown pack to live with a stranger" my mother voice echoes making me freeze in my spot.

"When she wakes up the mating ceremony will take place and tomorrow morning she will leave with alpha Health, that's final!"

What? No! No! I think panicking. I don't want to wake up anymore!

The forest starts to spin making or maybe the ground starts to spin, and it just looks like everything around is spinning in circle, nevertheless I feel very dizzy.

"Goodbye wolf," I manage say as I fall to the ground

*

I slowly open my eyes to a warm lit room, I close my eyes wanting to go back to the forest but nothing happens, when I open the back I'm still in my room.

"Oh honey!" my mom cries hugging me, "I thought I lost you again!"

"What happened?" I ask looking around for my father there was no sign of him.

"Mom, I heard everything, I am scared I don't want to go with Heath. You guys promised that it will only happen when I graduate."

I couldn't help but cry, I don't want to leave with him- not now.

I am supposed to finish high school first I don't want to be Luna. Not only that, but I'm not ready to be Luna!

"Listen to me Amma, my whole life I've obeyed your father, did as I was told, but you're my child and your happiness comes first," my mom says "that's why-"

I zone out as the familiar pain starts to come back "oh goddess it hurts" I groan squeezing the covers tightly

The door opens my eyes open wide when I see Heath. When his brown eyes catch mine the pain for some reason becomes much worse. I don't know what is happening.

I squeeze my stomach in "mom" I cry when the burning intensifies.

"Alpha Heath, you can't be here," my mom says standing up quickly and walking up to him

"please wait outside"

"I need to see her, please give us a minute," he says looking at me his eyes full of worry.

"I'm afraid I can't" my mom answers "I need to prepare her for the ceremony"

"Luna, please just one minute" Heath grits out

My mom looks at me and I nod slowly afraid she'll get in trouble if she doesn't allow him in.

"One minute," my mom reminds him

As soon as she closes the door Heath climbs on the bed, I move away "why are you still afraid of me? We're mates remember?" he frowns looking at our distance

"Who did this? Tell me and I will kill them with my bare hands!" he growls

"no one" I groan squeezing my eyes as the pain jolts around my stomach

"Heath please I can't mate with you tonight, give- I don't feel...ouch!" I clench my stomach breathing slowly through my nose

I know that after the ceremony it's time to mate, it looked like I was going to have to go through the ceremony, but I can't mate with Heath.

"I've waited so long, I am afraid I cannot wait any longer Amy, I will turn 25 soon and become alpha of my pack, I need my Luna with me"

He places his hand on my forehead, the contact burns me and I scream. At that my mom bursts through the doors at that.

"That's enough! Heath, please" she holds the door open "you will see her in a couple of hours"

"you're right" Heath smiles getting off my bed "I will see you soon"

The pain soothes down, what is going on? It's like I'm allergic to him.

"Don't worry sweetheart all of this will end soon" my mom kisses my forehead

the burning feeling fades away slowly

I sit up slowly and watch my mom open my closet and get out a few sweaters, coats and jeans, she stuffs them in my black school bag.

"Mom, what's going on?" I ask

"You're leaving, tonight before the ceremony starts, you're going to leave this pack, go east and don't stop until you reach the mystic pack.

Your uncle will be waiting for you" she tells me stuffing my black leather bag with things

"What about you? What about Ibenez and Josie?" I sniffle

"I am not leaving you guys"

"honey I will be with you in a few days, I've told both your friends about what's happening, and they'll come by later but first you need to get up and get dressed"

"I don't want to leave mom, this is my home! It's not fair" I sniffle

Why do I have to leave my whole life behind?

My mom stops what she's doing "Amma" she exhales biting her lips, something she does when she's anxious. "...the reason you're ill is ... "she pauses running pressing her fingers on her temples "it is because your wolf is rejecting alpha Heath"

"She is?" I ask placing my hand on my stomach, that explains why the pain disappeared when he left.

"Your mate is out there somewhere, and he's searching for you, he is getting close it seems as your wolf can sense him, therefore, she protecting you from other males"

Protecting me by hurting me? Okay sure that makes sense.

"Why am I being forced to mate with him? Since I can remember it's always been Heath, why?" I ask.

This question has stuck with me my whole, I never got the answer, but now I must.

"When I was nine months pregnant with you, our pack got attacked...

I don't remember much that happened but- I woke- I remember waking up and... The doctor told me that-" my mom breaks down and starts to cry really hard

The worst thing in the world is seeing your mother cry, I hated it, my mom never cries! I wrap my arms around her and hug her tightly.

"Mom it's okay, I'm fine"

"no, you died" my mom cries

I was not expecting that...

"You were dead until I talked to this strange lady- a witch from the lux pack.

At the time I don't remember selling you to him but after you were born I was informed that on alpha Heath 25 birthday you will become his Luna or else-"

My heart drops to my stomach, I died? And the only way to keep me alive was to make a deal with the witch?

How come my mom never told me any of this before?

"Or else what?" I ask

"War."

"But if you ran away then he will have no choice but to search for you, please Amma you have to go to your uncle's pack he will hide you"

I nod my head "okay mom, just promise me you'll meet me there"

"I promise baby" my mom kisses my forehead

"You will be safe, with the amount of piano practice you've been doing you can handle yourself" she adds.

Shoot!

I didn't mean to hide it from her it's just that girls in the pack aren't allowed to train, I was afraid if my father found out he will punish Ibenez for it.

My mom chuckles at my reaction wiping the tears from her cheeks "I'm your mom I know you better than you know yourself Amma, I'm not mad I am glad"

"now get dressed"

"I'll try to come and say goodbye but if I don't make it I love you Amma, take care and give your uncle a kiss for me"

I wrap my mom in a hug inhaling her scent one last time before I leave. "I love you mom," I tell her

**

I take woods in the back and walk for twenty minutes until I reach a pond, I spot two figures and once I catch Ibenez and Josie scent I run to them wrapping my arms around them.

"I'm going to miss you so much" I cry letting go

Josie sniffles taking out my iPod from her pocket, "I downloaded all of 5sos album including the new album"

I thought I lost it turns out she had it "I'll always be with you through them" she smiles

We've always loved the band 5 seconds of summer, everyone thought we were crazy listening to the human band. Josie and I even planned to go to a concert that's on our wish list. Hopefully, we can still do that after this.

I hug her again "I love you"

"I love you too" Josie sniffles "don't make new best friends"

"I won't" I sniffle looking around for my mom

"Where is she?" I ask

"she should be here"

"she's with alpha peter, she said you need to leave without her" Ibenez frowns

I nod as the tears start to stream down my cheeks, even though my mother and I already said goodbye I was still hoping she would come and say goodbye again so i can see her again.

Ibenez hands me a dagger "here, it's poisoned, only use it if you are in real danger"

I put it in my left boot

"like the night-walkers" Josie whispers

"Why would you say that?!" I whisper-yell,

I don't want to leave now.

"Always head east, if you reach a river in an hour you're going the right direction, Alpha Henpeck will be waiting by the borders for you" Ibenez instructs ignoring my little panic

"You need to get to the pack before it gets dark" Ibenez voice now get serious, and I am feeling nervous about being on my own for the first.

"Josie is right, the night-walker roam at night"

"You guys please stop"! I whisper-shout

"Besides they're not real, ...are they?"

"Real or not, you don't want to find out" Josie replies

"reach there before it gets dark" Ibenez repeats

"you know about the night-walkers, you know what they're capable of"

I gulp nodding "so this is it"

"For now, we will see each other again" Josie smiles giving me one more hug before I leave.

I disappear into the dark woods without looking back at my friends, uncertain of what the moon goddess has planned for me.

Will I suffer her fate and find my mate just to lose him and settle down with another man?

Will I find my mate and live happily ever after?

Will rouges find me and eat me?

Are night-walkers even real?

There's no such thing as night-walkers, it's just scary story.

Authors note:

that's Josie on top! she's beautiful, isn't she?

you guys get ready for crazy! it's about to get cray cray in this house

okay, i'm leaving now... don't forget to vote! love you's!

see you next chapter!