A New Voice

Months have passed since Nino left the band. Haruyoshi and Kuro worked hard on searching a new vocalist, but they didn't find anyone. Yuzu didn't get over what happened and tried to talk to Nino but she always ran away from him.

(Y/n) POV

I heard a loud, but calming noise from somewhere. Everything was still black, all that I could hear was the beautiful melody. It started to hurt my ears, so I struggled to open my eyes. I looked around and straightened myself. It seemed like school was over and I, once again, fell asleep while listening to music. I slipped down my headphones on my neck and looked outside the window from my seat. The sun was already setting, and I couldn't help but look at the beautiful orange and red colored sky. A small smile crawled onto my lips but soon disappeared again. I quickly took my bag and threw it on my back. With a sigh I left the classroom and walked through the empty hallways. On my way, I put my black mask on my face and took out my MP3 player from my pocket. I scrolled through the hundreds of songs that I have recently downloaded. It was impossible to choose one. I closed my eyes and randomly clicked on a song. As the heavy beats started to fill my body I automatically started to sing. I thought that no one was around, so I gave all that I got. The melody was vivid and full of happiness but the lyrics were damn sad. I started to synchronize with the rhythm and even danced a bit, if you can call it dancing.

Haruyoshi POV

"Do you hear this?" We were in the middle of an argument when I suddenly heard a voice.
"What are you talking about?-" I put my hand on his mouth so I can hear the voice better. He shoved it away and stayed silent. We looked at each other and gave one another a nod, meaning we had the same idea as to search for the voice. We silently sneaked to a corner and peeked from there. The voice was getting louder. I stuck my head out and saw a girl dancing around. I couldn't tell if she was singing or not, due to her black mask which hid her mouth area. But I assumed that she sang because no one was around except for her and us, and probably some teachers who were not here at the moment. I listened to her voice, it was so indescribable. It was wild and it sounded like she would loose control over it at any moment, but she dominated her voice. I was about to say something to Kuro but as I turned my head to face him, he no longer was next to me. I looked back to the girl and saw that Kuro was talking to her, so I walked up to them.

(Y/n) POV

It felt like my heart froze. I've never sang in front of others. But now, these two boys who I don't even know just heard me. They started to talk about a band but I didn't understand much because they were talking at the same time, plus my earphones were still in my ears. All of a sudden, it seemed like they stopped talking and waited for me to talk. I got flusterded and started to stutter. The two boys looked at me in confusion. From embarrassment, I ran away quickly, not even looking back.

I walked at the beach, looking at the glittering water. It was already quite late so the stars were shining. I took down my earphones to hear the waves but instead I heard a girl's voice. I looked around but couldn't see anything, it was too dark. Her voice sounded so... sad. I could feel all the emotions coming from her. She was so free, singing everything she felt, not fearing anything. I wish.... I could sing like that....

I couldn't listen longer to the girl's singing. If I come home too late then I'm done for it.
I arrived home in time and quickly ran up to my room. I wasn't hungry so I didn't eat the food my mom put on the table. To my luck, she couldn't force me to eat because she wasn't at home. I snuggled into my warm bed and listened to a calming song with a beautiful lyrics. I closed my eyes and imagined good, sad and even romantic scenes. I do that often, just drown into my own imagination.

Soon enough, I fell asleep.