Old friends

(Y/n) was currently having a lunchbreak at school and so, she went up to the rooftop as she usually would to eat her food.

As she finally made it up the stairs and opened the door, a cold breeze immediately hit her, blowing her (hair/length) (hair/color) back.

She looked up, enjoying the wind and the fresh air it brought along with it.

With her black mask on and earphones plugged in, she went to a comfortable looking place which was at the other side of the rooftop. There was a wall she could lean against to and it was the only comfortable  place with shadow.

After settling down there she wanted nothing more but to eat peacefully.

But after the night with Yuzu she couldn't concentrate whatsoever.

'It's not your fault...'

The words echoed in her mind.

It was like a precious tattoo you'd look at and smile with your heart warming up. 

Nowadays she only felt giddy and weird, even nervous when she was around or was thinking about Yuzu.

Like, he was pretty before, but now he started being more than just a pretty face to (y/n).

Suddenly (y/n) saw a figure staring down at her, but she couldn't recognize who it was because said fellow stood in the sun.

"Uhm...", (y/n) started.

"Is it really you? (Y/n) (l/n)?"

"Yes but..."

"It's been a long time. How are you doing?"

That's when the figure finally sat down too.

(Y/n)'s eyes almost popped out when she saw who was talking to her.

"M-momo?", she said, still in shock.

"You only recognize me now?", he said with a light chuckle.

Time passed as the two chatted, catching on to everything they missed out when they weren't together.

It was nice to meet an old friend again.

"Wow... I wouldn't have thought that I'd ever meet you again after moving here.", (y/n) said, a light and kind smile on her face.

"You could've contacted me, you know."

"I suppose so."

(Y/n) looked away from his gaze, remembering something she wished she wouldn't have.

"Oh, you're late.", Momo said, sitting in front of a piano in the classroom. As his gaze fell upon (y/n), with the beautiful colors of the sunset in the background and some hair strings falling onto his eyes, he was simply mesmerizing. (Y/n) couldn't deny that, but she also didn't think much of it. "I-I'm sorry...", she said, still slightly panting as she held the side of the doorframe for support. Well, she did run through half of the school but damn, she needed to get in shape. "Whatever, it's fine. Let's just begin.", he sighed, shaking his head a bit. While (y/n) went inside and put her earphones away, Momo took out the familiar blindfold from his pocket. "Ready?" She only nodded in response. It wasn't her first time doing this. Momo somehow overheard her singing one day and insisted that she'd sing for him more. It was hard, but eventually they found a way for (y/n) not to be so nervous. And Momo  also liked it better this way. With a  blindfold. (Y/n) would be in her own little world while singing and Momo could drawn in his sorrow and sick thoughts without her noticing. (Y/n) closed her eyes while leaning against a table nearby. She could feel the soft fabric on her skin and Momo's long fingers brushing against her hair occasionally when he tied the knot. "Is it okay  like this?" She nodded again and soon after she could hear the first notes of the song. 'Ah, this again.', she thought. It was a song Momo wrote and would always have her sing it. She liked it, but questioned why he didn't write more.
"You and I~ we're like fireworks and symphonies exploding in the sky~"
The same drowsiness as usual came over her as she took in every word she sang. The fact that she didn't see anything made it easier to truly concentrate on the melody. She just lost herself in the song. "Without you I feel broke like I'm half of a whole~ without you I've got no hand to hold~ without you I feel torn like a sail in the storm~ without you I'm just a sad song~" Momo would always tear up at that point. It's been so long, this was getting old. Just how much longer will he suffer because of her? Tears dropped down onto the black and white keys as he kept going, every note breaking his heart more and more.
"You're the perfect melody~ the only harmony I wanna hear~ you're my favorite part of me~ with you standing next to me I've got nothing to fear~"
Every single sound. Every single emotion. It was perfectly interpreted by (y/n). That's why she caught Momo's attention. She was like a mirror of emotions. He could understand his own emotions better when she sang them. She was nothing like her, but he saw that girl in her.

The song eventually had to end.
And so did the friendly relationship between two lost souls.

As Momo pressed his lips against her's, the tears seemed to stop. But just like a caught bird, (y/n) felt confused and broken. She didn't do anything, just waited for the moment to end. Lost in emotions became lost in darkness for her; everyone could take advantage as long as she doesn't lock herself away. So that's what she did.

Even though Momo was broken at the time and even though he apologized a thousand times, the scars didn't fade.

She forgave him long ago and it wasn't a big deal. So why was she so scared?

"Anyway (y/n). I'm in a new band now and the Rock Horizon is just around the corner. So I was thinking... would you like to be the vocalist?"