empathy

"Good job everyone!", Haruyoshi exclaimed happily.

In NO hurry just finished practice, with Miou as their vocalist.

It was going well and everyone felt like they could start over.

Except for Yuzu.

Sure, he did what he had to, filled in his part of the band, but he was lacking.

And the others, well, Haruyoshi and Kuro at least, noticed.

They noticed, but they didn't do anything about it.

Yuzu quickly finished packing up and after saying his goodbyes, he left in a hurry.

To write a song like he used to, he found himself going to the same place over and over again.

To the  place where he met the one who would turn his world upside down.

As he sat on the cold and moist sand, looking into the horizon with a dreamy but melancholic  expression, he thought about what kind of person (y/n) was.

And now that he thought about it, he didn't know anything about her.

After sitting there for a while, something finally came to his mind.

Maybe if he went to the places where he met her, then he could remember the things she did and said better.

And so he walked around on the beach, to the place where he and (y/n) sat together. He remembered that beautiful girl under the moonlight, the one that made his mind clear.

Then he went to the café and as he sipped a strawberry milk, he remembered all her expressions and how she could make him feel better.

Without going to the studio for obvious reasons, he went straight to the place he had last met her.

The classroom.

It felt like a long walk there, longer than it should feel.

And as he turned around the corner, the blood boiled in his veins.

It was the same voice that brought feeling to his heart.

So he knew, it was (y/n).

And his legs moved on their own again.

It seemed as if he wouldn't have any self control left anymore.

Maybe he was relying on her, or maybe she was his new hope.

Whatever it was, he liked her.

Or maybe he liked the feeling she brought him.

"Wake me up inside~ Wake me up inside~ Call my name and save me from the dark~ Bid my blood to run~ Before I come undone~ Save me from the nothing I've become~"

Once again, Yuzu couldn't do anything else than just close his eyes and let himself be devoured from (y/n)'s voice.

Suddenly something clicked in his mind; those words, that thought of being lost  and the crying for help.

It was so familiar. Whatever she had gone through, Yuzu felt like he could relate.

And now, he finally felt like he could understand her better.

The music stopped and all he could hear were steps from the other room.

And soon enough (y/n) came out with her mask already on.

She looked him in the eyes, regret obvious. After a quiet 'hi' she walked further.

It took a lot of courage, but Yuzu spoke up.

"Wait!", he said, reaching his hand out.

(Y/n) stood still, but it was hard to turn around.

"Are you... okay?"

"Yes, thanks for your concern. See you in the rock horizon!", she said, unsure and ran away.

Yuzu wanted to run after her, but he decided it was better not to. So he stood there, knowing she wasn't okay.

(Y/n) knew it was a mistake to leave Yuzu there, but she didn't have any choice.
She needed to get to him.

To her cage.

--

"You're always late, aren't you?", Momo asked, knowing the answer.

(Y/n) got ready and went up to the mic.

"Sorry"