bad news

"Oh, sorry. Did I interrupt something?

Yuzu couldn't believe his eyes.

Why now? 

(Y/n) snapped her head to the door. That voice was way too familiar. Her eyes widened as she slowly stepped away from Yuzu.

"Didn't think I'd meet you again like this, Yuzu"

"Didn't think that I'd meet you again at all. What are you doing here, Momo?", Yuzu asked, looking at him coldly.

Momo smirked with an empty look in his eyes.

"I'm here for the rock horizon of course. With (y/n)... I may be able to reach out to her."

Yuzu widened his eyes and clenched his fists as he felt the anger boil up in him. He took a step forward, (y/n) taking one to the side with a worried look on her face.

"You're still chasing her, I see. You never change.", Yuzu said, eyes strongly fixated to the ground.

Momo let out a dry chuckle.

"You never do either."

(Y/n) could only think of what they were talking about, but she kept quiet. It wasn't any of her business, even if it hurt her.

She started hating the her they were always talking about.

She hated the fact that people had to suffer because of that her.

And she hated that she had to witness it all;

The twisted fate of two former friends and the broken souls of two lonely boys.

"Tch. I don't have time for this. Come (y/n), practice is about to start.", Momo said, turning his back to Yuzu.

"Practice? What is he talking about, (y/n)?", Yuzu said, looking at (y/n)  almost angry.

Before (y/n) could say anything, Momo spoke up in a cocky but cold tone.

"We're in a band of corse. The silent black kitty. Heard of it yet?", he looked back with a smirk, "and (y/n) is the vocalist." He then looked at (y/n), "I'm waiting outside.", with that, he walked out, closing the door behind him.

Yuzu only stood there in shock, still looking at the door.

"I... I'm sorry.", (y/n) quietly said and ran out of the room.

It was too much for her; it was too painful to see Yuzu in such a state. But that was no excuse, she was only a coward, not wanting to face reality.

She didn't even have time to catch her breath when she arrived outside the school building as someone swiftly pinned her against the wall.

Without being able to process what happened, she could only hear the dangerous whispers of a dangerous man.

"Stay away from him. I don't want to lose you too."

Momo's words echoed in her head even after he let go of her and left. But she still didn't get what he meant.

-

Yuzu still stood in the middle of the room, not getting what happened. Or rather, not wanting to accept what happened.

Just when he thought he could finally move on and let go of all the strings that were tying him to the past, the familiar feeling of numbness came back to him.

He stood there motionless even after his phone vibrated for the thousandth time. He just wanted to ignore everything and fade away. But a glimpse of hope gave lights to his eyes; maybe... (y/n) was the one trying to reach out to him.

It was a sudden rush of wanting to see someone. Yuzu hadn't had felt that for a long time now. It was still unclear to him what was so special about her. Maybe it was the fact that he could feel something with her again.

Though when he unlocked the phone and looked at the message, his hope became despair in the blink of an eye.

Haruyoshi:
Hey Yuzu! This is pretty important. We decided that our new vocalist should be Miou. It seemed like it would be okay with you and we don't have much time left until the rock horizon. Practice at the usual place, don't forget!

Emptiness. That's all he felt. The one thing he loved became something he'd rather run from. And his only hope was unreachable.

But just then, he realized something.

Yuzu:
Why can't  (y/n) be our vocalist? She didn't want to?

Haruyoshi:
Oh, you don't know? She's actually with the band we saw the other day.

The things Momo said and what Haruyoshi texted him... the same feeling of adrenaline in his veins when he heard that voice... how could he have been so blind? It was (y/n) all along who could save him. She wasn't like her at all.

He finally knew what he missed when he wrote all those songs that landed in the trash.

He wrote them all without the right intentions.

But now he knows what he must do: write a song just like he used to.