the silent black kitty

"Sooo... how are things going with you and Miou?", Kuro asked, breaking a very uncomfortable silence.

Haruyoshi hesitated before speaking up. "She won't listen to me until we forget about  (y/n)"

Sigh.

The three boys decided to meet up in a late afternoon. They were in a bigger café now, a bit further away from school because it was the weekend and they thought a new place would clear their minds. It has slowly become a habit to meet up in cafes.

Time was flowing by, the rock horizon was near and they still didn't have a vocalist.

As Haruyoshi and Kuro kept on talking, Yuzu's mind was somewhere entirely else.

(Y/n)

She's just like her.

No, she's exactly like her.

"....zu!...YUZU!"

Yuzu widened his eyes slightly at the sudden voice calling his name. Seemed like he completely zoned off for a moment.

"What are your thoughts on the band? What should we do?", Haruyoshi asked, a very serious expression on his face.

Kuro wasn't making the mood any better. He was clearly worried.

Suddenly the atmosphere became heavy.

What should Yuzu do?
They could just choose Miou for all he cares.
But that just wouldn't feel right.
What about (y/n) then?

She.... her....

That would be too painful.

Either way, it doesn't make sense anymore.
Without her, the band is just a band.
Without her, music is just noise.
And without her, his life is just a bad sheet music.

"Maybe... maybe we should... just...", the words slowly became only a whisper. Even though he wanted to say it, he just couldn't. Why? Why was it so hard to give up?

Everything started to fade. Everything started to spin for Yuzu. All the chatters and his friends' gazes mixed into a blurry  mess. He was scared to the point of nearly blacking out; It was like he could hear everything in the café.

Then something stood out for him.

A melody... A voice

He slowly looked at the tv screen, his eyes widening as he was being pulled back  into reality.

"I need to go.", Yuzu said, abruptly standing up and running out of the café, leaving  Haruyoshi and Kuro dumbfounded on their own.

"That little shit left in the middle of an important conversation...."

Kuro was already having goosebumps from Haruyoshi's tone as he just sat there awkwardly.

"..... AFTER HIM!!!!"

Haruyoshi grabbed Kuro and ran out with him, leaving Kuro no choice but to keep up with how fast he was.

In the meantime, Yuzu was quite ahead of them already, but fortunately for them, still in sight.

Confusion, excitement, anxiety. He didn't know what he was feeling. It just was that adrenaline in his veins.

The music was getting louder.

'This should be the place', he thought.

And there it was.

A big crowd, and big stage and a band.

"Hey- Yu...zu! You can't... just run away like that!", Haruyoshi said, completely out of breath.

"Aren't they the silent black kitty?", Kuro asked, staring at the band on the stage while Haruyoshi was in the middle of teaching Yuzu a lesson.

With that, he quickly got both of their attention.

While Haruyoshi went on with his talk about the silent black kitties and Kuro ignored him, Yuzu was amazed by the overwhelming presence of the band.

His legs started moving and the wind pushed him forwards, through all the cheering people to the front rows.

This voice... this pain... it seemed so familiar but so new.

The lace bandage on the eyes of the cat eared female singer.
It felt like if you'd let her free, it'd be the end.

Yuzu only stood there, only moving from all the pushing of the excited people around him.

Everything was so silent; it was as if only him and the singer would be there, him listening to all the pain she had.

It opened his eyes. She showed him a whole new world.
He wished he could let it out as well. Create a new world where he is free from his chains of guilt.

Forgetting her.

And moving on.

Why was he suddenly thinking of (y/n)?

A/n
Sorry for the late update. And thanks for still reading ♡