14. Brunch

Meet me in the lobby in 10! And bring ur wrestling stuff cuz I'm taking us rite to the arena

"Why's Colby texting you?" Aj asked from over my shoulder.

"We're going to brunch today, but just as friends," I explained, quickly gathering my night clothes and throwing them in my suitcase.

Aj gave me a suspicious look. She could never take things for the way they were. She felt this raging desire to want more, to dig deeper even if the hole had reached full depth.

"That's what they all say. But have fun, I love you," she kissed me on the cheek before running out of the room to hang out with Phil before Monday Night RAW started.

I didn't get the chance to express how much I loved her too before she was out the door and the sound of her tiny footsteps echoed down the hotel hallway. I gathered my thoughts before making my way to the bathroom to fix my hair and do my makeup.

Although Colby and I were just friends, and that was the way I wanted things to stay, I still wanted to make sure I looked my best. Not necessarily for his him but for my own reassurance. We were eating at a public place and there was always the chance that fans could run into us and ask for pictures. I couldn't look like just anything, I'd be embarrassed if I didn't look half decent. Plus, right after breakfast we'd be going to Monday Night Raw which almost everyone came dressed up.

I curled the ends of my hair into big curls and brushed them out. For makeup, I did the usual foundation, eyeliner, and lipstick. Packing for the weekend of traveling, I realized I'd run out of clean clothes so I didn't have much to work with. But I thought my gold jumper complimented my hair well and would work just fine. My boobs were covered, my butt was covered, I would survive.

By that point, it'd been about twenty minutes past the meet time and I felt horrible for making Colby wait

By that point, it'd been about twenty minutes past the meet time and I felt horrible for making Colby wait. I hurriedly grabbed my purse and suitcase before I was headed out the door. Getting onto the elevator, I ran into Cameron, who was another fellow WWE Diva. She had all the confidence in the world with good looks to match. She was Trinity's tag team partner and together they made the Funkadactyls.

"Hey, girl, you look bomb dot com right now," she snapped her fingers as the elevator doors closed.

"Thanks, I'm headed out with Colby. We're getting brunch and stuff."

"Oh alright, I heard he has a thing for you. And Trin told me she saw y'all making out at the club one time, but I promise I haven't told anyone. I'm not like that. But you and him got a thing for each other or is it like a friends with benefits type of situation going on?"

"We're just friends," I explained for what had to have been the millionth time. Obviously there was some sort of tension between Colby and me that I wasn't aware of because all my friends and co-workers asked if we dated.

"So the kiss?"

"Ariane, I was so drunk," I tried laughing it off despite the embarrassment that had come over me.