one

She was feeling irritated. Her tongue was twisted, nerves biting at her throat. She was beyond bothered.

"Grey, it's just a new guy. He's not even supposed to get here today," her friend assures, noticing her uncomfortable glances to the BAU doors.

She bounces her right heel, her leg shaking as she unknowingly picked at the skin on her wrist. Eventually noticing what her hands had started to do, she stops, forcing them to her armrests.

"I don't like change."

Grey had worked in the FBI for three years with the same team and the same routine. She quite likes routine. However, this is throwing her off completely.

Her unit chief insisted that a new agent was what the team could use. He said that the new agent was very useful. Needless to say, Grey did not agree.

Her eyes were on the empty desk to her left. She was wondering who would be filling it, and why it had to be there in the first place.

"I know you don't, sweetheart," he replies, using a nickname in an attempt to comfort her. "Hotch says he'll be good for us."

She looks up at the man sitting at the desk across from her. He had a small smile, concern in his dark eyes. Grey analyzed that his 5 o'clock shadow had turned into a very short beard.

She ignores his previous statement. "You need to shave, Morgan."

He chuckles, leaning back in his chair and messing with a pen. "Alright, alright. Now, c'mon, why are you upset?"

Morgan asks that whenever he can tell Grey is on the border of a panic attack. It made her think about why she was annoyed. Most of the time, it calmed her by realizing that her anger was unjustified.

"The team has been doing just fine for two years, just you, me, Gideon and Hotch. Why do we need anyone else? Did I do something wrong?" The thought scared her. This could all be because of her.

"No, Grey, absolutely not. A little more help can never hurt."

She nods. "Yeah, yeah, of course. Sorry, I just-" she sighs, "I really don't like change."

Grey puts her elbows on the desk, resting her head in her hands. She takes a few deep breaths, pondering the thought of a new agent. She forces positive thoughts in her head. Maybe the agent will be a new friend.

"It's going to be okay. I heard he has degrees, and he's around your age." Morgan clears his throat.

"What significance does that have?" She brings her head up, not following what he was imposing.

He smirks at Grey. "Maybe you could get some BAU arm candy."

"Are you taking me for some sort of sapiosexual?" She jokes, staring at the man and laughing.

He holds up a finger, typing on his computer for a moment. His eyes light up, as he chuckles and nods. "I sure am, Grey."

"Oh my God, can I use one slightly advanced word without you having to look up the definition?"

Morgan laughs then glances at the BAU doors. A man, presumably the new kid, walks in.

"I don't mean to alarm you, hun, but he's here. Please don't panic."

"What?" she inquires, "Hotch isn't even here."

Morgan looks amused. "Well, he royally screwed his schedule, then. That is definitely the new guy."

She looks at the man briefly. He's tall and thin, wearing a thick blue sweater with a yellow button up underneath. His brown hair is neatly trimmed, and he's standing with a confused look on his face.