thirty

"They found a match."

"Bullshit!" Grey says, seeming a little agitated.

Yesterday, Reid and Gideon had found prints on the third burning site. They were all over the mailbox, and plenty were more than partial.

They had finally been scanned, and the name of the unsub was uncovered pretty quickly.

"That was too easy," she adds, "I mean, good thing we found him, but that was a little lame."

Hotch monotonely responds, "Yeah, please don't say that in front of the Chief Deputy, or anyone else for that matter."

"What's his name?" Morgan asks.

"Scott Yates," Reid answers, instantly recalling the name from his memory.

Derek stands up, saying that he was going to call Garcia, then walking out of the room.

"When we find him, he's going to go out with a bang," Grey says.

Gideon raises his eyebrows, putting his elbows on the table. "What makes you say that?"

"He's Dennis Rader, if he was an arsonist. He knows we'll catch him, so he's going to try for the biggest status he can get. That's why we got his prints in the first place. He's reckless."

Hotch seems put off, saying, "I guess that means we'll have to actually head out to his residence. I planned on just sending out Chief Foulston with some backup."

"Yeah, that's not going to work," she confirms, "He could be planning to kill himself for all we know."

Morgan nods, displaying his agreement. He and Grey had worked on a simple profile for three hours. They should be using it for something.

"We're going to wait until Jareau gets back from the press conference," Hotch informs. "If he has a job, we need to give him time to head home and set up his show. As much as we want to catch him off guard, we've got to play this safe."

No one denies that statement, but everyone hopes JJ will come walking through the door at that very second.

Having an exact location and name of an unsub and not being able to pursue it was frustrating.

Grey silently thinks to herself, "What if he burns another house before we get to him?"

It wasn't necessarily about the victims, but having a name and still sacrificing more lives would make her feel like a moron.

"When was Jareau's conference scheduled for?" Reid asks. He knew Grey would want to watch it, so he brought it up, hoping it was still in progress.

"Four, I believe," Hotch replies, checking his watch. 4:05.

Grey is quick to stand up, walking out of the room. She heads into the main area of the department, saying, "Someone put the local live coverage on right now, I don't care what channel."

Someone quickly flips the channel, and JJ shows up on the screen, standing at a podium with multiple microphones around her.

The rest of the team had come following behind Grey as well, likely to judge how JJ would do. Though, there was pretty much only one opinion that mattered, and that was Hotch's.

"We just got word of multiple fingerprints on the third crime scene, and they are being lab tested now." Her voice comes through the television speaker, sounding clear and defined.

"Good," Grey thinks, "Mention it without exposing the name."

"Do you believe these prints will lead you to the killer?" a reporter asks.