twelve

Grey and Reid sit in bed, having their first cups of coffee for the day. They didn't discuss last night, as neither seems to feel the need to do such.

"So, what killer interests the wonderful mind of Anne Grey?" Reid asks. They had been discussing interesting cases, which had turned into the question 'Who's your favorite murderer?'.

It's probably an odd discussion to have over a morning cup of coffee, but neither of them seem to mind.

"Probably The Whitechapel Killer," she easily replies, "It's just interesting to look into it and wonder who it could've been, I guess. Michael-Anthony Smith was pretty intriguing too."

Reid's gaze snaps to her at the mention of that name, triggering something in his memory. "He was only arraigned like two years ago, right?"

"Yeah, I was actually the main attorney filing against him. I guess that's where the..." she searches for a word, "...attachment came from?"

"Woah, seriously? Seems like it would be frowned upon, even though you have a J.D."

Grey's eyes widen as she shakes her head up and down."Oh, definitely. I wanted to get him a tediously long sentence, though, so I just did it myself."

"And indeed you did. 23 consecutive life sentences. A bit much, is it not?"

"You never know," she sarcastically laughs, "Scientists could find a way to preserve human matter."

"They actually aren't that far off. Judging by recent studies, there could be technology created to aid in immortality within the next fifty years."

Her eyes light up, tilting her head. "Wait, really? That's cool."

"It's definitely interesting," Reid says, lightly correcting her. "It's been said that by 2050 the technology will exist, then by 2060 people with average incomes will be able to afford it."

"It's honestly crazy what technology may come to. Who knew a bunch of batteries, lights, and electrically charged wires could do so much."

"It's frightening, really."

Grey glances at him, laughing at their difference in opinion. She watches him smile back, happy about his reaction. It was purely without purpose, but both of them had a small fit of laughter.

"Ah, what time is it?" Grey asks, grabbing Reid's hand to look at his watch. "We need to get out of bed, get ready, y'know?"

"Why?" he lowly whines, looking to her. He didn't understand the need to do much of anything, considering it was a day off.

She gets out of bed, walking into her bathroom. Grey leaves the door open so she could still see Reid, brushing her hair as she looks at him. "We're going to go to that book store that I told you about!"

Reid reaches to the nightstand, grabbing his glasses and putting them on. He blinks a few times, clearing his vision. "At 8 in the morning? Are you psychotic?"

"Do you really want me to answer that?" she returns, loudly shaking her pill organizer.

"That's a valid rebuttal," Reid replies, getting out of bed. He grabs his overnight bag from the floor, taking out the clothes he had packed and getting dressed.

Grey quickly takes her meds, making her way to her closet and picking out an outfit. She tugs off her sweatpants, holding the wall for balance. She then pulls on a pair of black suit pants, zipping and buttoning them. Grey adds a white tank top, tucking it in and brushing it off a bit.