V

By the time Prince Daniel had arrived at the castle, it was already night time. He saw Derrick pacing around, raking a hand through his hair in frustration.

When Derrick turned around to face him, he realised that Prince Daniel had finally arrived, and so he smiled briefly before approaching him like an enraged bull.

"Oh good heavens sir, where have you been?"

"I believe that is none of your concern." He replied, pushing him away so that he could move forward.

"I apologise for letting him go, sir, but I was under the queen's strict orders to release him. Otherwise, she would have had my head. You know my loyalty is to you, and only you."

"I highly doubt that Derrick," He said, roughly patting his shoulder.

"The queen and Mary Anne are in the dining room waiting for you, as well as the rest of the Smith Family, including him." Derrick continued to add.

Daniel stopped for a moment before sighing and shaking his head at the situation. "Alright, thank you for your information. I'll see what I can do to avoid this terrible circumstance." He replied before entering the house.

He couldn't help but think back to the conversation, with Derrick. If it weren't for him, he would not have found Avery. He rarely ever went to the forest unless it was urgent or crucial, but then again he would have recognised her, he thought. He made a mental note to ask Avery more details about herself the next time they met.

Shaking his head, he braced himself to meet the craziest people he had ever had to face. His mother and the Smiths were in the same room. I mean, what could happen!

Sighing, he opened the doors for the dining room. Daniel watched as all of them turned to face him. They looked ready to unleash their wrath on the one who dared to disrupt their peaceful meal together.

"Oh look who decided to grace us with his presence," Mr Smith was the first to speak.

"How are you, Daniel? I hope all is well," Mrs Smith continued to say.

"Of course, all is well when he has me," Mary Anne said seductively.

Maurice just kept quiet, glaring at Prince Daniel, not bothering to greet him.

"Maurice, where are your manners?" Mrs Smith shouted, upset by the fact that he didn't acknowledge Prince Daniel.

"Mother," Prince Daniel nodded; next, he turned to face the smith family. Plastering a fake smile on his face, he acknowledged the Smith family members one by one except Mary Anne.

"I'm sorry, I will not be joining you for meals because I have more pleasant meetings to attend," Daniel replied.

"Daniel! Don't be such a snob! Come and dine with our guests!" Queen Coldante said, "before I even forget, where have you been?"

"Out," Daniel replied with a shrug.

"That is no way to talk to your mother, Daniel. It's insulting and inconsiderate." Mr Smith declared.

"It's not your concern, what happens between my mother and I. We talk like this to each other every day, so if it bothers you," Daniel said as he walked towards the door, "it's open, feel free to leave if you wish."

He took the opportunity to head out of the room before any of them got a chance to say anything. Instead of heading to his office, he decided to go to the training grounds, to find Derrick.

He found him training the other knights of the castle, teaching them about counter-attacking the enemy when they least expect it.

When Derrick saw who had arrived at the training grounds, he told the men to practice the moves, that they had been taught in the morning, while he took off to greet the prince.