XXI

"Oh my heavens, your Majesty I'm truly sorry." Francine continuously apologised, " I just want to have a quick word with my granddaughter here."

"It's alright, Francine; I needed to take a cold shower anyway," he said, as he stood up and went to the bathroom, that was opposite his bedroom.

"How? When? Why?" Francine asked, pacing all around the room.

"The house has been burnt," Avery said as she sat.

Francine stopped to look at her, "what happened? Was it him?"

Silence filled the air and Francine knew her answer.

"Well, what are you doing here? You know this place is constantly crowded with royals. Who knows who you might encounter?" Francine said, raising her hands for emphasis.

"You must leave this instant. I'll ask for a week's leave and then we can-." She stopped talking when the door opened to reveal a freshly clean Daniel. He had a pair of trousers on, but his bare torso was on display. Avery wondered how she would concentrate on her grandmother's words. Her boyfriend was looking like a full course meal.

"I'm sorry, Francine. I couldn't help but eavesdrop for a second or two. I assure you that nothing will happen to her. I'll do everything in my power to protect her, please don't take her away from me."

"Your majesty, the threat we are dealing with here is much greater than any threat you have ever handled. If she goes back into their clutches, I don't know what I'll do." She whispered that last part, remembering the times Avery had gone through so much.

"She doesn't have to keep running forever. The problem could get worse if she avoids it," He said. He then reached for his pocket and pulled out the piece of paper that Avery had crumpled.

He turned to Avery, "you wouldn't  mind if I showed her this, would you?"

She turned and shook her head, turning to face the wall once again.

Francine opened the letter and read the words that were written on the paper, aloud;

Hello, my Lady Archer,

It has been long indeed it has,

I have searched for you, killed for you and done everything sweet for you,

But you go on to escape from my arms after the love I have shown you,

I'll soon have you with me,

I'll not stop till I find you,

I'll climb, I'll rush, I'll sore, I'll fly,

Just so I can get to you,

And when I finally catch you,

You will be mine and no one else's,

YOU WILL BE MINE AND NO ONE ELSE's,

Beware, my love, because I'm coming out to get you,

Very soon, you'll be in my arms again,

And you'll never escape,

Not even death will separate.

Ta-ta,

My angel.

You know who! I don't need to write my name.

"We need to leave now," Francine said as she grabbed Avery's hand.

"No Francine, please don't take Avery. I'll protect her, please don't take her, please don't," Daniel pleaded, his eyes holding so many questions. However, he chose not to ask her; she would tell him at her own pace and time.