Chapter 1 *Its Raining

This is my first book I wrote on here.

Hopefully its good. Plz vote on it! Thank u for reading!

The weather reporter lied. It was supposed to be a nice, warm, sunny day. I woke up to find it raining. This is gonna be a bad day I can tell.

Let me explain why. Every time its a rainy day something bad always happens to me. Last time it rained, I slipped and got a face full of mud. And of course, no one helped me up. Wanna know why? Its because I'm a loner. No one helps a person they don't know. Well that's how it goes at my school anyway. Everyone says high school is supposed to be hard, but I don't think so. I think school is just out to get me. Well OK maybe I have good grades and maybe I have one friend. But other than that school sucks.

I got up and trudged my feet across the floor. Which was a mistake. I tripped on the carpet and fell on my face. I got up and rubbed my nose. I bet its broken. I dab my finger to my nose. No blood. I got up and went the rest of the way to my closet.

When I got dressed, I went downstairs and got a bowl of cereal. When I grabbed my umbrella, and was half way out of the door, my mom came down the stairs and said "Honey before u go give me a kiss on the cheek."

"Mom, I don't want to keep Ella waiting in the rain!"

"Lizzy, I think she can wait a minute for you to give your mom a kiss."

"Ugh fine." I went up to her and kissed her on the cheek and went out the door to where Ella was waiting. Then we started walking to school.

"Ella, if I fall in the mud, will u help me up?" I asked her, already knowing the answer. Ella is a beautiful blonde girl with big nerdy glasses that I think make her look greater than great. She thinks the same of me cause well we went glasses shopping together and made sure we got the same ones. But we couldn't look more different. I was a brunette, and unnoticeable apparently to others, while she was very noticeable.

"Of course I would help you up Liz!" she exclaimed. clearly surprised I asked such a stupid question."Your my best friend. Why wouldn't I?"

"I was making sure. I didn't want to fall and instead of being helped, I get a laugh."

"Well I'll help you up.......after I'm done laughing. I love that best friend quote. Don't be such a grouchy grouch. If I fell you would laugh and I would laugh with you."

"Ok OK. I got it. It was a hypothetical question." But I couldn't help but give a smile anyway. She always knew how to make me feel better. We just continued to walk to school and talk about the gossip we heard. Which wasn't very much. But it was still something. A lot of the time we enjoyed what we heard of, so its all good. The walk to school wasn't as horrible as I thought it would be. I haven't fell into mud........yet.