Chapter 11 *The Date

“Well this is nice." Liz said looking around at the restaurant. The restaurant was just put in. Its a new Italian place.

      “I agree. Let's sit shall we?” Will held his hand out to a table and pulled out a chair for Liz while Ella's boyfriend, Max, pulled her chair out. The waiter brought them menus and started to browse.

      “Oh! The Fettuccine Alfredo sounds good for me!" Ella decided.

        “As I quote the Pasta ala mode sounds good for me." Liz spoke with a Italian accent that made Will laugh which ended up making her laugh.

       “That sounds good. I'll just have to get the same thing as u Liz."Will warmly said and kissed the top of her head.

              “I'm just gonna get the spaghetti." Max said plainly.

             “Ok. Are u ready to order ur drinks?" the waiter asked.

          “Water for me." Liz answered.

          “Coke." Will said next.

          “Lemonade." Ella said looking to Max for his answer.

          “ Uh idk. I guess..........Dr. Coke." Max said stupidly. Ella raised an eyebrow and smacked her forehead.

              “That's not a drink."

               “Really I get it all the time. Water I guess." Max answered dully. Ella gets up and goes to the bathroom. I go after her.

         “What's wrong?" I asked her concerned.

           “Everything. I got another stupid, dull boyfriend once again." Ella said tears forming in her eyes and turns to face Liz.

        “Aw go out there and tell him to leave. I'm not paying for someone who comes up with a soda called Dr. Coke. " I said lightening the mood. Ella laughed through her tears. She wiped her eyes and we walked out together.

        “Max. Its not working out. I'll have to ask you to leave." Ella told him firmly, pointing to the door.

        “Whoa Man don't get ur panties in a knot." Getting up and pulling Ella by the shirt closer to his face.

        “Ok I tried playing it cool. No one breaks up with me. So sit down and enjoy this dinner. I will leave afterwards." Max whispered threateningly then sat down.

      Ella sat down scared. I looked at Will and I whispered to Ella “meet me in the bathroom." I whisper the plan in Will's ear and he gets up and says “Oh Liz! I forgot something in my car. I'll be right back." Will got up and quickly walked to the door.            “Oh man. I have to pee. I'll be right back." I got up and signaled for Ella to get up. She knocked her fork off the table and asked if Max would pick it up. When he leaned down she got up and quickly ran to the bathroom.

      “Ok. We'll sneak out of the bathroom and out the door to Will's car. Got it? Let's go." I sneaked out the bathroom with Ella behind me. We got in Will's car and drove away. He looked in the backseat to see if Ella was OK. She was and he continued to drive. He dropped me and Ella at my house. He kissed me and drove off. We went into my house and  Ella sat on my couch and started to cry. I went to the freezer and got some ice cream and two spoons. Then I went on my big blue couch and sat the tub of ice cream in between me and her and we sat their eating ice cream and watching 90's nick shows.