Chapter 5 * Lunchtime

I know. I'm acting like a complete lovestruck fool. But the boy likes me! First boy ever! So I have a reason. Out of the corner of my eye I seen Will coming with his tray of food. Act cool Lizzy, act cool.
  “ Hi Lizzy!" He said brightly.

    “ Hi!- I mean Sup." I say regretting it right after I said it.

    “Ok then. Anyway. Where is Ella? Isn't she supposed to be here too?" He asks.

    “I knew it you only sat with me and her so u could talk to her not me! I should have known. " I said almost in tears but before I got up, he grabbed my arm.

   “No that isn't true. I was asking cause.....I didn't want to have to ask for her permission to sit here and she doesn't even show up. And also......I don't think she wants to miss seeing her best friend getting a great surprise." he said blushing.

    “What is the surprise?" I ask. A kiss, or maybe ask me out. The possibilities are endless.

   “Well if I told you it wouldn't be a surprise."

   “Tell her what surprise?" Ella said as she came up to the table.

   “Nothing! Um the surprise is gonna be in a few more minutes. So you both have to wait." Will said nervously.

   Ella and I exchange a glance.

    “Ok whatever you say Mr. Surprise."

I said trying to hide my excitement.

      When I finish my food we go out to the grassy area. There I sat and Ella along side me. But Will stayed up. After a few minutes he gets on one knee in front of me and says “Lizzy, I know I've known you for only a couple hours, but it feels like we should be together. So Elizabeth Childson, will u go out with me?" He put out a hand for me to grab. I grabbed it and said yes. He pulled me up and said hooray!!! That went on for about a minute, then the bell rang. We walked to our next class holding hands. I was thinking this is the best day of my life. And it happens on a rainy day. What a coincidence.