Mariah X Ethan

Mariah X Ethan

Mariah's POV

Ethan's been recording all day. "Ethan?" I say softly as I knock on his recording room door. "Come in!" he shouts. He sounds frustrated. I walk in hesitantly. "What do yo-Oh. Hey Mariah. What's up?" he turns to face me. "I was curious if you were done so, I could spend some time with you." I look at the floor nervously. "Oh. I gotta finish recording yet. I'm sorry." he said before turning back around. "Oh. O-Ok. I'm gonna go to Mark's place then." I stutter out. "Kay." he replies before putting his headphones back on. I shut his recording room door and walk to Mark's.

TIME SKIP!!!!

"Hey Mariah! Happy birthday!" Mark shouts as he opens the door. "Oh! Hey! Thanks Mark." I say trying to sound happy and my normal, energetic self. "What's wrong?" he asks as we sit down on the couch. "It-It's just Ethan. He's been recording all day. I went to see if he was done but, he wasn't and Ethan seemed really frustrated or angry. I-I don't know what I did wrong, Mark. I had to 've done something." I put my head in my hands. "Hey. You didn't do anything wrong. Ethan's just an idiot. Do you want me to talk to him?" I nod my head. "Where's Chica?" I ask. "Chica!!!" he shouts out and Mark's golden retriever runs excitedly to us. She jumps up onto the couch and I pet her happily.

Mark's POV

I walk into the kitchen and call Ethan. "Hey Mark! I'm a little busy right no-" he starts to say before I cut him off. "What day is it?" "Tuesday. Why?" he replies. "Numbers, dude." "June 13th. Oh sh*t! It's Mariah's birthday!" "Lightbulb." I reply. "God, she probably hates me! What can I do?" Ethan asks me. " Stop recording, for starters. Why don't you get cleaned up and I'll send Amy and Kathryn over to help you make her dream date. Ok?" "OK. But what about her?" "I'll take her to the mall and get her some stuff. Do you have a present for her?" "Yeah." he says. "Ok. Make sure you know where it is. Amy and Kathryn are on they're way. Get ready." "Thanks Mark. I owe you one!" Ethan hangs up and I walk back to Mariah. "You wanna go shopping?" I ask.

Ethan's POV

  I'm panicking. "How could I be so stupid, Amy? I've never forgotten her birthday before!" I say as I look at the bracelet I got her. It's silver with an infinity symbol and in the symbol, it has both of our birthstones. On the upper side of the box, it says, 'I love you to infinity and beyond'. "Ethan, that's beautiful. She'll love it." Kathryn tells me. I smile. "I hope so." I look at the date that we prepared and I smile. "You guys are life savers. I don't know how to repay you." "Just don't break Mariah and we're even." Amy jokes. "Deal." They both hug me and I hear a knock at the door. "Hey Mariah!" they shout happily. "Happy birthday!" they add. "Thanks guys. Where's Ethan?" she asks. "Oh. He's hiding but, we're gonna head out. You look beautiful by the way." Amy replies. "Yeah, I didn't know you had that dress." Kathryn adds. "Oh. Mark took me out and let me get it." I smile. 'Mark, you're the best.' I think to myself. "Well, we're gonna go! See ya tomorrow!" they say and I hear the door shut. "Ethan? Wh-where are you?" she asks shyly. I walk out to her and she smiles. " Hey, Mariah. You look beautiful." She blushes and looks at the floor. "Thanks. Mark bought me the dress."  

(Dress is any color you want!)

"It looks great on you." I lead her forward a little bit and then cover her eyes. "Hey! I can't see!" she exclaims. "I know but, trust me. OK?" "Ok." I lead her onto the deck for our apartment. Out there, Amy and Kathryn helped me set up a simple, candle lit dinner for the two of us. I made her favorite food, with the help of Amy and Kathryn helped me set the table and make sure I looked good. I uncover her eyes and she gasps and covers her mouth. "Oh, Ethan! It's beautiful!" Mariah turns to me and hugs me. "I'm glad you like it. I was nervous that you wouldn't." I hug her back. "Thank you." she whispers to me. "You're welcome, sweetie." I reply. We sit down and she looks at the food. "You made mac and cheese." she mumbles and smiles at me. I smile back. "Did I do good?" I ask nervously. Mariah stands up and scoots closer to me. She leans to me and gently kisses my blushing cheek. "You did perfect, Ethan." I smile and kiss her cheek, too.

After we ate, we were on the deck in some comfy clothes, just relaxing. Mariah is looking up at the stars telling me about the constellations. "Ooo! There's the big dipper!" she says excitedly. "Where? I don't see it." I smile at her excitement. She's always loved the stars and everything that has to do with them. She gently grabs my hand and has me point with one finger. "Right...there." She leads my hand around the outline. "And the little dipper is over here." Mariah does the same thing again, showing me where the constellation is. "Oh! I see it now!" I tell her. I lace my fingers with hers and she blushes. "Hey Mariah? Can you close your eyes and hold out your hands?" "OK?" she does as I asked her and I open the bracelet box and put it in her open hands. "OK. Open your eyes, please." She opens her emerald green eyes and gasps. "Ethan! It's beautiful!" I smile. "Just like you, sweetie." She smiles and hugs me happily.

  I'm glad I could make you happy, Mariah. I love you. I think to myself.