Chapter 7; Veritaserum

As three days passed, Draco was let out of the infirmary, but was accompanied by Blaise and Harry everywhere. Pansy tagged along too however, unfortunately she couldn't go into the males bathroom with them. All of the group were worried about Draco, yet he had still to talk about what happened. He just shrugged and said,
"It's nothing. I'm fine now."
Easy to say that no one believed him. That night Seamus and Dean has had enough. All of the group, take Draco and Harry from the mix, were speaking inside of the griffindor lads' room. They all spoke in hushed tones, despite the man of their conversation not being remotely near them.
"That's it. We've got to find out why he did what he did 'Mione. We have to make him open up to us, this is life threatening!"
Hermione sighed sadly and looked at Seamus,
"You're right Seamus, we have to do this.. it just feels wrong."
Ron held an arm around her waist as she frowned, watching the two mischievous boys and Blaise pour veritaserum into all of the drinks, theirs included.

Just as Blaise had hid the now empty vile in his pocket, Harry and Draco came around the corner. Draco was smiling as Harry talked about his summer with the Weasleys.
"Hey guys! Veritaserum or Dare! Lets go!!"
Dean yelled, waving the two over. Harry nodded while Draco looked a little suspicious but all nervousness disappeared when Harry turned to him and smiled reassuringly. He nodded too and they all cheered.

As soon as the two sat down, the game began.
"Me first me first!"
Pansy yelled.
"Oh alright. Truth or dare?"
"Truth."
"Who was your first shag?"
Seamus asked smirking, Pansy only blushed a little before answering,
"A boy in Ravenclaw, I can't even remember his name I can just remember his dick."
All the boys (except Draco, he was far too sober for that) started cheering, like the idiots they were.
Pansy rolled her eyes as her face went red,
"Ok ok whatever.. who's going next?...."

****👀****👀****👀****👀****

Three hours later, the group were all completely hammered, even Hermione who was giggling loudly by Ron. Draco's face was flushed and was leaning into Harry's side by this point and Harry didn't seem to notice anyway. Neville, who's more griffindor side was showing, said next,
"Alright, Drake next."
They all turned to look at him, their faces still gleamed with mirth and determination but their was an underlying somber look in their eyes. Draco filled an steeled his nerves, knowing what was coming. He took the shot of veritaserum.
"Truth."
"Why did you try to kill yourself?"
Silence. They all looked at him as his head rose, face now coming into view. Tears were falling down his cheeks as he smiled sadly at them.
"Because I deserve it."

****👀****👀****👀****👀****

And so he launched into an explanation, talking about how he was beaten by his father, by the dark lord, by the other death eaters. How much the dark mark made him feel like scum. How even though he hated his father he still felt a gut wrenching hole in his soul when he thinks about the death of the man he used to idolise. He explained the voices in his head, telling him that he was evil, a monster, that he deserved to die. He explained it all, not feeling the tears falling down his cheeks, and not seeing the shocked and horrified faces of his friends, tears falling from their eyes too. Immediately as finished, two arms wrapped around him and a head burrowed itself into his shoulder.
"Don't you dare. Ever. Say that."
Harry looked up, spun him around on his lap and looked him in the eye.
"You are amazing Draco Lucius Black"- they all took note of the change in last name-" and you don't deserve a word that those bastards out there say. We're you're friends. We care about you. So does Snape. And Teddy. And Narcissa. And Andromeda. And Dumbledore, and McGonnagal and everyone else. Don't listen to those shitty others. You're not your father and you're defiantly not a DeathEater. Understand? You're kind and protective and fantastic on a broom and"- he was cut off by someone's lips stumbling into his.

Draco

His eyes closed and he returned the kiss, wrapping his arms around Draco, revelling in the feeling of hands in his hair and thin, soft lips on his. He chuckled into the kiss when he heard the cheers of the others, Draco laughing too. They broke apart, foreheads resting on one another's as they waited for the others to calm down. As they did, Draco sat himself on Harry's lap, leaning back into him and whispering so that only Harry could hear,
"I promise I'll come to you. Always."
Harry only held tighter. The game went on.

****👀****👀****👀****👀****

The game kept going on until they heard a thump, looking up to see two boys holding each other, curled up on the floor. One with blonde hair, his head resting on the others chest, the other having raven hair and large round glasses.
They all smiled at the pair, eyes softening as Hermione got up with Pansy, the two off them using  a spell to lift the boys into Harry's bed, closing the curtains and casting a silence spell.