009: Stutters

Marcy's POV

The class has ended when I got back. Finn stood up and get Bonnie's stuff. I guess she just waited outside, maybe embarrassed to be seen with her eyes bloodshot red from crying. I packed my things and went outside. I looked around to find where she is but I just saw tons of judging eyes with fear looking at me. I hissed and they looked away. I stormed my way down the stairs, I heard Jake called me and ignored it. Sure the news spread fast. What a blip. Guess they had nothing to do with their lives but to talk and make gossip about other people. Maybe that's how boring their lives are to the point where talking about other people is the only thing that gives them the thrill.

I went straight to the tree where I usually standby. Puffed a cigarette then inhaling sharply at every hit I make. It's my third stick when I heard someone rummaging in the bag behind the tree. I peeked to see who it was and regretted that I did. Bonnie. She's rummaging in her bag, kneeling down in front of a shrub, but when she realized that someone was looking at her, she snapped her head and saw me. I immediately averted my gaze the moment our eyes met and threw my cigarette on the ground and walked away but stopped when someone grabs my arm. I looked at the hand that was holding me, what the hell does she want?! I pulled back from her grasp and she let go immediately.

"What do you want!?" I scowled at her. She looks so fragile. I calmed myself but still giving her a stern look.

"I, uh, j-just w-want to t-thank earlier," she said, almost a murmur, looking down. Playing with her feet.

"T-that's nothing. You're my f-f-friend." I said turning my gaze from her. What the blip Marcy?? What's with the stuttering thing???

"You do? I mean, w-we... we are f-friends??" she asked shockingly. I couldn't see if she was happy about it or embarrassed bcos she's about to cry.

"Y-yeah. Of course, I do. Since we get to hang out a---" she cut me off wrapping her arms around me. Enveloping me in a tight hug.

"Thank you, Marcy!! I thought you hated me so much that you couldn't even bear to talk with me. Thank you." she said happily. I can feel her smile in the crook of my neck. I hugged back, not that tight but enough gesture to appreciate her. I smiled. I don't know why but I felt happy, it's like my heart learned how to beat again, felt to be alive again.

"Bonnie!! Marcy!!" Finn yelled at the top of his lungs from the gates of the campus. We pulled back and she wiped her eyes, smiling at me. Finn, Jake and Rae rushed over to us, with worried faces.

"Yo PB! I was so worried bcos you rushed hurriedly when I handed you your bag!!" Finn asking worriedly.

"I, uh, bought some water for my little seed over here. And hey it's now a shrub!!" she explained.

"Hey, Marcy! Why do I here yours and Bonnies name all over the building??" Jake asked, looking confused. "Are you two dating or sorta??" he added.

"NO!!" Bonnie and I answered in unison. "I'll go explain at the café" I added and walked to the store.

---

"WHAT THE GRIPPLE GRAP?!? How dare could they do that to you PB!!??" Finn yelled angrily. Jake pulled him down and covered his mouth bcos the whole café looked at us.

"Sorry." Jake said, "Dude! Calm the heck down!! Marcy took care of it. And you're right they are a total bunch of twats!" he added, exhaling sharply.

"Marcy might take care of it but she got into trouble. She's now the hot topic all over the campus. She even might get a detention for that." Rae added, looking so worried and pissed.

"Not that I care about it. They sicken me!" I replied, a bit pissed. Bonnie blushed a little and looked outside, but still worried. Whatever the consequence will be, so be it. At least I tried to do one right thing in my entire existence in this meaningless life.

~

Bonnie's POV

I was so afraid that Marcy would punch me the moment I reached for her arm and thank her for saving me earlier. Thank glob she didn't and just hugged me back. I don't know but being around her gives me a weird feeling in my guts and making my face a bit warm when she says nice things to me. Especially, when she called me 'princess'. I almost jumped out of joy when she said that even though she saw me looked so pathetic.

We went to the cafe and told Jake, Finn, and Rae what just happened. And they all looked totally upset, pissed and full of rage, especially Finn.

As we all calmed down, Rae went to the restroom and Finn went outside to answer a call and Jake trailed behind him. It's just me and Marcy left on the booth, sitting across each other. She's looking outside, trying to avoid my gaze. She's really pretty. Her face that's so perfectly defined. Her pale skin that glows like a moon in a starry night. Her long eyelashes that are so perfectly curved that makes her eyes shine. Those crimson red eyes with shades of dark brown matching her jet black hair perfectly fit her dark personality. I snapped back when I realized that she was also looking at me.

"I, uh, Marcy?" I said and she turned away her gaze. "Is it okay if I ask you to go with me to the newly opened ice cream parlour near the squeez-e mart? I just want to treat you as thanks for earlier." I asked, looking on my almost finished drink. She didn't answer. Silly Bonnie, you thought that she would say 'yes'. "It's okay if you don't want to. I mean you're busy and ---" I got cut off...

"Yeah, I will. I love to." she yelped. Looking outside and a small blush sprawled on her face.

"Oh, thanks!" I replied happily. I scribbled my number and what time will we meet on the tissue and gave it to her. She smiled and put it in her pocket.

I'm legitimately looking forward to this. My heart is extremely happy!!!