Chaos in the Mall (pt. 3)

All was quiet in the bathrooms, not a single person was in there doing their business or anything like that. The only sound that was being heard was your shaky breathing.

The whole situation with the goatee man was terrifying for you. Had you not gotten away, he probably would have started freaking out about your 'contagious' disease. Someone would have heard his voice, and then they would have called security, or the cops, or...

You don't even want to think about it it was that scary.

You opened up the stall you were hiding in and took a good look at the mirror. Scared eyes stared back. You took a few breaths, trying to calm down the racing heart in your chest. After a few minutes went by, it worked.

You looked at your ungloved hand, turning it around to see the white spot on the back of it. The white spot that forced you to wear gloves, the white spot that was made thanks to the Amber Lead Syndrome.

The white spot that the goatee man saw.

You glared at the spot, before putting on the glove. You looked up at yourself in the mirror once more. A sigh left your lips as you put your fingers through your (h/c) hair.

"I need to be more careful..." You said to no one in particular, letting your hand fall from your hair. You straightened your clothes, making sure they covered every bit of skin that had spots on them, before walking out of the bathroom and into the halls.

You quickly looked both ways, making sure the goatee man was not around. After confirming that he was not, you let out a huge sigh.

That's a relief... You thought as you started to walk down the halls, pulling the hood over your head, in case the goatee man is still trying to find you.

Man, first the giant gorilla, then the mint head, and now the goatee man? Is anything going to go your way? You just want one good thing out of this entire trip.

You stop in your tracks as the smell of burgers and fries filled your nose.

...yeah, this will do just fine!

You race down the halls following the scent until you came across a small burger joint. Your eyes practically sparkled as you stood waiting in the small line, excited for what was to come. The food was calling you! It was commanding you to buy it and eat it! You needed it!

While waiting, you turned your head, only to see a very familiar goatee man coming close, looking around, as if searching for something.

Well great. The last thing you needed was the same guy that saw your spots.

You pulled up your hoodie and scooted closer to the guy in front of you. You slouched your shoulders(purposefully this time) as put your hands into your pockets. What were you doing, you ask? You were blending into the line, becoming one with the line, moving with the line, being the line.

Only when the goatee man walked away did you relax and stood straight.

That was close... You thought, moving forward with the line.

"Welcome! What can I do for you today?"

You looked up in surprise, and there you see the smiling face of an employee.