TWO. you're a mystery, peter parker

September 8th, 2017Observation 2Peter Parker sneaks his own experiments in and out of the science lab

September 8th, 2017
Observation 2
Peter Parker sneaks his own experiments in and out of the science lab.

With a quick and light hand, Peter poured the supposedly-toxic blue liquid from Beaker A to Beaker D under the lab table as the teacher wrote formulas on the chalkboard at the head of the room.

Nellie cocked her head sideways, watching the boy work as if he knew exactly what he was doing, despite that the teacher hadn't even given out the instructions for today's lab yet.

She watched as Ned leaned forward and rested his chin in his hand, completely oblivious to what Peter was doing. In fact, Nellie realized she was the only one actually paying any attention to Peter's actions.

But what's new?

"What mind-blowing investigative work are you gathering on Parker today?" MJ whispered obnoxiously loud in Nellie's ear.

"I don't know. It's hard to focus with you spit-blasting my ear canal." Nellie scrunched her face in disgust and stuck a hand out to her right, pushing MJ's face away from her personal bubble.

MJ roller her dark eyes at her friend, "Have I ever told you your ears are quite elf-ish?"

Nellie shot her a disapproving glare, "Take your notes before I pour the mysterious liquid from Beaker C on your head, MJ."

"Ah, but I don't need notes," MJ leaned back on her stool and jammed her pointer finger against her own forehead. "I have all the info up here."

Unbelievable, Nellie thought. There was no fairness in the fact that her dear friend got to have a photographic memory while Nellie had to study each afternoon just to keep her spot in the school.

The sound of shattering glass caused everyone to jump in their seats; Nellie's gaze returned to Peter and Ned, whose hands were up in the air at this point as of to prove innocence.

However, the broken beaker and green liquid covering the floor beneath Peter's sneakers told it all, in addition to his cheeks turning a deep shade of red.

After class, Nellie exited the science lab to find Peter sitting at the end of the hallway, right outside of the Principal's office. She took a glance around the hall as everyone bustled from one classroom to the next.

By the time the late bell rang, she was the only student left standing in the hallway, other than Peter who was slumped in the bench beside the door.

"Peter?"

Her voice was enough to catch Peter's attention.