FIFTEEN. what does she know, peter parker

↯

Peter gave Nellie and MJ a wave as he left the two girls at MJ's house for the evening. He was comforted in the fact that even though he couldn't always be with Nellie, it didn't mean she would inevitably be alone. Luckily, she had a good friend to help give her a place to stay while she waited for the family she'd always dreamed of to rescue her.

Of course, Peter had asked Aunt May if Nellie could stay with them, but she'd determined that Social Services would never let that happen. After all, there was a major conflict of interest due to Peter being Nellie's almost-boyfriend. May wasn't exactly informed of the time that Nellie had already slept over once, but Peter hadn't even been there, making it as innocent as it could be.

Peter yawned as he boarded the subway, people brushing past him with blank faces. He took a seat and waited patiently for the train to transport him right into the heart of the city—Manhattan. He was set to meet with Mr. Stark at exactly eight o'clock, meaning he had only a half hour to get to the old Avengers tower where Mr. Stark had told him to go.

Peter was a little surprised that he'd even agreed to meet with him today, but then again, he had included great detail of the events of last night and Mr. Stark had taken great interest. Peter had made the decision to let Mister Negative get away in order to get the Maggia gang member Nefaria's daughter or of harms way. Now, Nefaria was facing up to 25 years based on multiple charges over the years. Peter at least felt relieved that he did help bring a Wanted man down, but he couldn't shake the guilt he felt from letting a superhuman with intention to kill run free.

Once he reached the tower, he waited as the sound of the ding rang and the elevator doors slid open.

"It's five after eight, kid." Mr. Stark greeted Peter as soon as he stepped out of the elevator.

Peter nearly tripped over his own feet when exiting, "Mr. Stark, I'm so s—"

"Okay, don't get your whitey-tighties in a wad, I was only joking, Parker." Tony grinned, guiding the boy over to a red velvet sofa that remained in the almost-empty tower.

Peter nodded understandingly, though he couldn't help but feel nervous every time he was around Tony Stark. He just feared he would disappoint him—especially the day after he failed to succeed in catching Mister Negative, a potential threat that he or none of the other Avengers had ever dealt with before.

"So, tell me all you know about this Mister Negative guy. Did he look as lame as his alias is?" Stark puzzled, crossing one leg over the other as he sat.

Peter joined him, "Well, he looks like a reverse image, Mr. Stark. Exactly like a photo negative."

"Original name he's got then, the bastard. Alright, so what can he do?"