FOUR. it was all thanks to you, peter parker

September 13th, 2017Observation 4Peter Parker works for Tony Stark, which might be the coolest thing to happen to anyone ever

Observation 4
Peter Parker works for Tony Stark, which might be the coolest thing to happen to anyone ever.

Nellie's chin rested in the palm of her hand as she squinted at the small television in her kitchen. Her foster mother was ordering her to spend the evening preparing supper for the family while she ran errands in the city. It wasn't the cooking, Nellie minded, but she definitely had more important things to be working on—like her article.

"And now, Janet Smith will be reporting to us from the Upper Eastside where police are honing in on a possible hostage situation. Janet, what's going on up there?"

Nellie stirred ingredients into a large pot on the stove, glancing at the television every few seconds. There was always something going on in New York, but for a hostage situation to occur in the Upper Eastside was quite alarming.

"Yes, Bill, we do not have much inside information yet but what we do know is that there is a woman—middle-aged, along with her five year old son, being held hostage in a home here. Police believe the person holding them here is the woman's ex-boyfriend and ex-convict, Rex Persinger. He is believed to have some sort of weapon, but they are not positive. We have reason to bel—"

The news woman turned away from the camera, her finger holding her mic away from her mouth. Her words were faint, but she wasn't speaking to the camera, but someone off-screen.

Nellie arched a brow and left the pot on the stove to get the television remote. After jacking up the volume, she could make out what the woman was saying.

"He's where? I don't see anything."

The screen was split, the left half showing the news woman, Janet on the streets of the city, and the other half showing the news man, Bill, who was in a studio.

Bill held his earpiece closer, "We can't quite hear everything you're saying, Janet. Is everything okay over there?"

Nellie was startled by the sound of sizzling, her pot boiling over after being left unattended for only a minute. She didn't always have the best luck.

Rushing over, she turned the heat down and resumed stirring, hoping that she hadn't unintentionally sabotaged dinner.

"The spider guy? Where?"

"Janet, can you hear me? Fill us in on what's going on," the news man instructed, obviously confused as to what she was talking about.

Janet nodded to someone off-screen and then returned her attention to the camera, placing the microphone back to her lips.

"Sorry about that everyone, we actually are going to switch over to one of our sky-cam's now. We've just received word that the red-suited vigilante, known on the internet as Spider-man is approaching the scene as we speak. Let's see what's going on."