NINE. you will be the death of me, peter parker

September 22nd, 2017Observation 9Peter Parker is a really good kisser

Observation 9
Peter Parker is a really good kisser.

Nellie could see a clear image forming through her thick lashes. She was regaining consciousness, remembering where she was and what had just happened. As everything came back to her, she sat up quickly, her head rushing.

"Thank God," Peter let out a sigh of relief.

He was now wearing a gray sweatshirt and black sweatpants. His hair was messy and he peered down at Nellie intently, as if awaiting her next move.

"Please, don't pass out again." He pleaded, taking a seat at the foot of his bed.

She shook her head, her thoughts overwhelming her. Was this really happening? She looked around; the red suit was no longer on the ground, nor anywhere around the small bedroom. Her eyes found Peter's once more.

"Tell me the truth, Peter Parker. No more secrets," Nellie felt foggy, as if she had just had some sort of weird out-of-body experience.

She leaned back against the headboard of his bed, feeling as if it still wasn't enough distance between the two of them for her to breathe.

Peter gulped, "I'm Spider-Man."

I gathered that, she thought to herself.

"How? When? Wha-what? Does May know? Does Ned know? Who all kno--"

Peter scooted closer to her on the bed, "Keep your voice down, please. May's in the living room."

"No, no," Nellie argued, "She was out looking for you everywhere."

"I know," he nodded, resting his elbows against his thighs. He buried his face in his hands, "I told her I had a late-tryout for the football team after school yesterday and that I got pummeled. I said the bruise didn't darken until this morning, and I didn't tell her about the try-out because I was embarrassed that I got my butt kicked. I also told her that I left school this morning because the guys were giving me a hard time about it and I just wanted to be alone."

Wow, Nellie thought, he saved his skin on that one.

"You--" Reality slapped Nellie in the face, and she swore she almost felt a sting, "It was you on the news last night. You got hurt. . ." She was finally putting together all of the random puzzle pieces she had been picking up all along without realizing.

Peter removed his face from his palms, his hair even messier now if that was even possible. He peered over at Nellie, his features soft. She leaned closer, examining the bruise on his eye. The world felt smaller in that moment, and the bruise seemed minor.