TEN. I owe you one, peter parker

September 23rd, 2017Observation 10Peter Parker lead me right to the greatest opportunity I could ever hope for

Observation 10
Peter Parker lead me right to the greatest opportunity I could ever hope for.

Last night felt like a dream. In fact, Nellie was almost so sure that it was a dream, she kept pinching herself the next morning just in case. However, pinching did nothing other than leave her with a tiny bruise on her arm.

She sat on a bench in Central Park, people passing her by. Some were holding hands; some were walking dogs. No one paid her any mind, so she just sat silently, watching them disappear down the path between the trees. She felt better than she did last night.

Her stomach was no longer in knots, her heart had returned to its normal, steady pace, and she only really had one thought lingering in her head—the kiss she and Peter shared last night.

Her fingertips brushed against her lips; she could remember what it felt like. It was her first kiss, and it happened when she least expected it. It was a good memory, despite all of the other chaos from the night.

"Sorry, I'm late." Peter approached her with a smile, revealing a dimple she wasn't sure if she had ever taken notice of before.

The raging butterflies were awakened in Nellie's stomach, and she felt frantic. Was she supposed to hug him? Would they kiss again? Were they still just friends?

"Peter," his name tasted sweet as she said it, "I'm freaking out."

"Why?"

Because you're looking at me like that, Parker.

"I've never met anyone like Tony Stark, I don't want to make a fool of myself." She replied, suddenly needing a sip of water.

Peter held out his hand for her to take, which she took hesitantly, "You're gonna be fine. He's a super nice guy. Just know that he can be a bit—"

"Judgmental? Passive aggressive? Arrogant?" She was already psyching herself out and it was only twelve o'clock on a Saturday.

The air around her felt heavier than usual. She wasn't sure if this was because of Peter's presence or because Tony Stark was about to arrive, and he was one of the most famous men in the world.

"I was gonna say sarcastic. He's got a charming sense of humor," Peter grinned, his eyes focused only on her, despite all of the people passing around them.

"Charming sense of humor? I'm not quite sure you know what you're talking about, kid." A voice approached from behind.

Tony Stark wore a pair of dark sunglasses, but other than that, he dressed casual and looked way more normal than Nellie had anticipated. It eased her nerves to see that he didn't just walk around in a business suit or in his Iron Man suit all the time.

"Miss Jenkins, it's a pleasure to meet the person behind the penmanship." The dark-haired man extended a hand out to her.

Instantly, she shook it, certain that her hand must be trembling in his grasp.