Chapter 9- Terms and Conditions

(Chapter 9- Terms and Conditions)

“Good choice.” I said to Austin while starring the window at Starbucks.

“It’s the best.”

I nodded my head. “Now that I agree with.”

Austin and I both got out of the vehicle and walked side by side into the shop. The smell of hot chocolate and pastries hit my nose making my mouth water.

I followed Austin to the back of the line and stood behind him as I studied the menu for what I wanted. Everything looked so appetizing that it was hard to choose between them.

“I’ll have an iced caffe’ with Mallorca sweet bread.” Austin told the cashier.

“And for you ma’am?” The guy asked me.

“I’ll have a Peaches and cream muffin with a large hot chocolate.” I answered.

He typed everything in and gave Austin the total. Before I could make a move to buy my own food he already paid for it. We picked up our stuff from the counter and went to find a seat. I quickly spotted a window seat and took it before anyone else could sit there.

While eating my muffin I glared at Austin suddenly remembering why we were here.

“What wrong with you?” Austin asked.

“Don’t we have things to discuss?” I hinted.

“Don’t act so happy about it.” he joked.

“Don’t worry I won’t.” I smirked.

I was kind of dreading hearing his terms on our most recent agreement. There is no telling the ridiculous stuff he has already come up with.

I crossed my arms over my chest waiting for him to begin.

“Ok. I order for this to work and be believable we have to act like we are together in front of your parents and mine as well.” He stated.

I nodded my head in agreement. “I know.”

“When we are in front of them we will hold hands kiss and say sweet things or whatever is it couples do.” He said looking at me.

“Don’t look at me. I don’t know what couples do in relationships I’ve never been in one before.” I confessed.

“Me either.” He added.

Ok note to self. Look up what people do in relationships. I don’t know if movies will help with this or not. Most of them are not true anyway.

“I’ll find out.” I said.

“Ok now on to the fun stuff.” He smiled evilly.

“What?” I groaned dreading what I would hear.

“Well we have already gone over what you’re getting out of all this now it’s my turn.” He said. “If you’re using me as an excuse to do something  then let me know in case your dad happens to ask or something.”

There was no way this was fair. I just have to keep reminding myself of the benefits and I’ll make it through.

“So I have to tell you when I’m going out?” I said annoyed.

“It’s the only way to make this work.”

Damn he’s right. Well this sucks.

“Fine what else?” I asked.

“You have to go with me to the parties people at school have.”

I open my mouth to protest but he spoke before I had the chance.