Chapter 21- Explanations

(Chapter 21- Explanations)

I sat staring out the window of the music room waiting on Austin to meet me. I know what you’re all probably thinking, she must have forgiven him but you’re wrong. Ever since our performance a few days ago Mrs. Edwards ordered us to after school practice so we could perfect our song. She thinks we are just a few practices away from it being exactly like she imagines it, as she says anyway.

I look down at my phone checking the time for the second time since I got here and was already getting annoyed. I honestly don’t know how hard it is to be on time but apparently for some people it’s impossible.

This was going to be the first time since our fight that we were going to be alone together and I was far from thrilled about it. If it weren’t for Mrs. Edwards being overly stressed about this thing I would have quit already but I just couldn’t do that to her now.

I sighed and picked up the lyrics to the song and decided to sing on my own since Austin obviously didn’t care about this thing.

I walked over to the piano with the music in hand and sat down on the bench. The sheet music was already there so I began playing immediately.

‘The sun is filling up the room, and I can hear you dreaming.
Do you feel the way I do? Right now.
I wish we would just give up, 'cause the best part is falling.
Call it anything but love.’

‘And I will make sure-’

“You have a beautiful voice you know.” Austin interrupted.

I immediately stopped playing and turned to look at him. He wore the same cute casual smile he always did as he continued his way toward me.

Crap I can’t believe I just thought that. Oh well cute or not he’s still an ass.

“Whatever let’s just get this done.” I replied.

“If I didn’t know any better I would say you didn’t want to be here right now.” He joked.

“We’re not here to make conversation we’re here to sing.” I glared.

He looked completely unfazed by my words and propped his arm on the piano still looking at me.

“Look Shannon, I’m sorry about what happened the other night ok? It’s just that Lauren’s words really got to me and I honestly thought you were blowing me off. Can’t we just get over it?” He said.

Wow, he really doesn’t get it does he? He probably has no idea why I’m even mad at him. Should I even explain this to him?

“Do you even understand why I was mad at you to begin with?” I asked.