Prologue

It started in the Bahamas. We were unprepared. We've never seen an enemy like the Titans before. That day... humanity came under attack. The initial onslaught was overwhelming. News reports and live footage filled the Internet and every TV was set on a news channel. Tragedy, horror...

Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to BBC World News. Breaking news! The Bahamas Islands have been attacked by man eating giants...the reports coming in are unbelievable to say the least...

Giant humanoid beings have been sighted along the Cuban coast in the cities of Havana, Matanzas and Cardenas. They emerged from the water and are advancing into the urban area, literally devouring every person in sight!

Havana is being evacuated, the Cuban military is intervening as we speak...

...death toll is reported to be in the tens of thousands with much more missing after more than a full day of terror in Havana...

According to Cuban soldiers and airmen, the giants cannot be killed conventionally. The armed forces are struggling to contain the situation. Hastily established defences in the suburbs of Matanzas failed to hold the Giants at bay. Surrounding communities received a general order of evacuation.

Our armed forces were mobilizing. Then it spread to Miami, Florida. The Giants emerged from the ocean and attacked the population. Other islands in the Bahamas followed. Freeport was overrun. Nassau held out. The world reacted as well.

Navy spokesperson assured the public that the situation is under control and there's no reason to panic.

The United Nations Security Council has convened an emergency session...

...Cuba is requesting international aid from the United Nations... meanwhile, Miami and most of Florida's southeastern coast is being terrorized by the same giants that sacked the Bahamas and Havana...

It's official! Grand Bahama is lost. The USS Milwaukee has arrived this morning at 6.20 AM at Fort Pierce with 98 refugees from Freeport, Grand Bahama. USAF and USN helicopter flights have returned with fewer and fewer survivors. The Air Force and Navy are bombing the island to kill the giants.

We fought back. We pushed them back into the ocean.

...population of Nassau is evacuated by air and sea, with the giants already making an appearance on the island's western coast. Military operations have been successful at halting the initial onslaught. Rear Admiral Isaiah Rutledge issued a warning that more giants have been detected on the sea floor headed to Nassau.

...National Guard and the Navy have been mobilized. A state of emergency has been declared in Florida.

...people are hiding in the metro tunnels, but they're still not safe. Some of the smaller giants can still reach them. Police forces and gun owners are defending holed up refugees in the tunnels, but the enemy's regenerative powers seem to make them immune to small arms fire. Ammunition has also become a major issue.

Highways have become death traps for the fleeing refugees. The roads are blocked by thousands of cars, each car packed with a family and some of their belongings. The authorities recommend that you avoid the main roads and follow alternative routes of evacuation since the giants are interrupting the traffic. If evacuation is not an option, find a tall building and go to the highest floor. Giants have been seen breaking through the lower levels of buildings, as well as attempting to climb in several cases. Other safe places are the sewers.

Apparently, these creatures are immune to any sort of damage. As seen in the footage, this 14-meter monster took a direct hit from Arleigh Burke's 127mm gun and not only survived but regenerated the wounds! Nobody knows how to kill it other than saturate its body with damage. The warships of Carrier Strike Group 2 will continue combat operations against the giants along Florida's coast.

USS Tornado, a Cyclone class patrol boat, capsized after presumably hitting a giant's head in shallow waters! The crew of 30 is in perilous danger of being eaten alive. Rescue operations are underway.

-heavy fighting rages in Miami.M1 Abrams main battle tanks have engaged the giants near Canal Point. United States ArmyAH-64D helicopters have been flying constantly for the past two days, executing attack missions against the giants...

-according to the last reports the enemy has been halted along the Port St Lucie – Lake Okeechobee – Fort Myers defensive line. The Army and the Navy will go on the offensive and reclaim Miami-

US Navy F/A-18E Super Hornet multirole fighter jets launched from the USS George H. W. Bush have come to Cuba's aid. With the newly arrived American, Mexican, Canadian and British ships and reinforcements in the theater, Cuba and the USA are turning the tide against the monsters. Investigations are underway to determine the origin of the giants.

Florida's coast was cleared after 8 days of battle and horror. New Providence, Grand Bahama and Andros Islands have also been liberated by the Navy and Marine Corps. Military casualties are estimated to be within the hundreds. Civilian casualties are estimated at tens of thousands.

Hundreds of giant vomit balls with the remains of their victims have been found in Miami, Freeport and on Grand Bahama. Experts theorized that they do not need to eat since they lack any means of evacuating processed food.

Cuba reports victory over the Giants as well. Havana is now secure. While the soldiers are glad that the fighting's over, the people are mourning their dead.

Giants are still emerging from the waters, in fewer numbers though, but they're quickly eliminated. The Navy is able to track their heat signatures underwater and predict their trajectory. They follow the route to the nearest population center.

We made headway into uncovering their origins. And now... now we are preparing to strike back. To safeguard the gateways to hell.

 To be continued.