5 - A 9/11 Exclusive Story

⚠️ WARNING ⚠️
THIS STORY CONTAINS SENSITIVE SITUATIONS THAT INCLUDE THE DEVASTATING TRAGEDY THAT OCCURRED IN NEW YORK ON SEPTEMBER 11 OF 2001. IF YOU ARE SENSITIVE TO THIS TOPIC, BECAUSE OF FAMILY ISSUES, PLEASE DON'T READ OR READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

THIS BOOK IS ALSO A WORK OF FICTION, AND IS NOT REAL OR SOMETHING THAT HAPPENED HISTORICALLY. I MADE THIS UP.
THANK YOU,
FullRisingMoon.

——

"Sweetie, I know your not home right now, but I'm just calling to let you know...that...I just want to let you know that you and Jessica and Sean are the best things that ever happened to—." An explosion interrupted the message. The house stay silent, except for the constant noises coming from the answering machine. "I love you, Diana."

<<<3 hours earlier
8:48 A.M.

"So, what's it like? You know, being a firefighter?" My wife, Diana, asked, standing by the front doorway.

"It...It's great. I love, just, I love being able to help people."

"Mm. Interesting. Okay, well, I'll let you go now without interrupting you."

"Okay, Mrs. News Reporter," I told her. She laughed and moved away, so I could leave. "Bye, see you later." I kissed her on her forehead and left. I walked to my red Chevrolet Camaro and drove away to the fire station.

When I got there, there were about 4 fire trucks leaving. One of them rolled down their window and someone yelled out, "Get in! Someone's flown into the Twin Towers!"

My jaw dropped. "Ok, ok." I parked in the parking lot in front of the station and quickly got changed. I ran out of the station and into the fire truck. "So, what happened?"

"At around 8:46 we got a call from the police department at the end of the street," my friend, Dominic, said, "saying that United Airlines Flight 175 flew straight into the North Tower. They said the plane got hijacked and killed all the people inside."

"Wow. Never been to that place. I heard it was big and that the towers were tall," I responded.

"Phew, yeah they were tall alright."

We drove in silence for about a minute when the world outside started to turn grey. It took me awhile to figure out what was happening, when it clicked. "Is that..."

"Smoke," Dominic said. "From there." He pointed through the windshield to the twin towers in front of us.

"Holy..."

"We gotta go!" He pulled up a safe distance from the North Tower and ran towards it, hoses in our hands. We got closer to the tower and started spraying to the damaged area.

A bunch of people came running out of the building. A girl stood behind us, sobbing. "My poor boy. He's in there," she said.

"Ma'am, don't worry. I'll save him." I told Dominic that I was going to go inside and rescue some people. He said that he would continue to spray the water with the rest of the guys. I dan inside through the front door and looked around. There was smoke and debris falling everywhere.

I ran up some stairs to the second floor. Nothing. I went to the third floor. Nothing. I went all the way up to the seventh floor and saw a man on the floor, coughing. I ran over to him. "Are you okay?"

He coughed. "Yeah. I-I'm fine. Who are you?"

"I'm a firefighter for the New York Fire Department. I'm here to save you."

He coughed harder and louder this time. "T-Thank you." He looked at me. He looked familiar. He looked like the woman I saw outside.

"C'mon, let's go." I helped him up and we went down to the bottom floor. We got out of the burning tower and I took him to his mother.

I ran back into the building to save more people. I found two people on the ninth floor that were alive. I helped them get out of the building and I ran back in. I found no one alive on the next ten floors, but when I got to the nineteenth floor, there was a little boy on the floor next to a man. He was crying.

"Hey little fella. What's wrong?"

"My dad. He's dead." He sobbed into his hands.

"Hey, hey, it's okay. C'mon, follow me. I'll help you get out of here safely."

"No!" He yelled. "I'm not leaving! I can't leave him! He's my dad, and I can't just leave him here!"

"C'mon! Do you want to live? If you do, follow me. I'll get you out of here!"

"No!" He yelled, louder this time. I heard a loud rumbling coming from above us. I looked up and saw the floor on top of us falling down.

——

"Sweetie, I know your not home right now, but I'm just calling to let you know...that...I just want to let you know that you and Jessica and Sean are the best things that ever happened to—." An explosion interrupted the message. The house stay silent, except for the constant noises coming from the answering machine. "I love you, Diana."