Chapter 4

When I woke up the next morning I didn't feel like getting up for school but who does. I slowly go to my closet to pick out my outfit for the day and came across some sweatpants. I grabbed a t shirt and boxers and went to the bathroom doing my business and walking to the kitchen.

"Hey dad," I walked to the refrigerator grabbing my fruit punch and sitting across my dad.

"Hey Landon," he lowers his newspaper and looks at me. "You look different." Oh no he knows. "Maybe it's you clothes you look more fuller." He picks his newspaper back up.

"Well I haven't worn these clothes in a while maybe they shrunk," I said nervously drinking my juice.

"Mhm whatever you say," he ignores me and now I definitely know he knows something. I threw away my cup and grabbed my bag and saw Jade in the living room eating a bowl of my favorite cereal.

"Are you really eating my cereal," I asked getting mad I'm about ready to hurt her. Out of all the other cereals she chose mine.

"Uh no this isn't your cereal it's papas I wouldn't touch your food," she finished the bowl and hurried to the kitchen. I grab my things and get in my car. I put my car in reverse and started to back out the driveway when Jade came running to the car. She managed to jump in before I sped off towards the school.

"What the h*ll Landon you almost left me," she was trying to catch her breath.

"Well that's what you get for eating my cereal," I turned on my radio and we sat in silence until we arrived.

"Okay I'm sorry I ate your cereal. I knew that they were your favorite and I thought you wouldn't care," she said as soon as I turned off my car.

"Buy me another box and your forgiven," we got out my car and I locked the door looking around for my friends or Tristan.

"Hey Landon," I hear Jakes voice and I turned around and saw him walking with his new girlfriend Maria.

"Hey Jake, Maria" I don't really have a problem with Maria but sometimes I might want to do guy stuff but they are 'busy' and he always says next time.

"So I heard we're having a pep rally today. Save us a seat."

"Sure just look for me I will probably be on the top bleacher," I have a love hate thing with our school pep rally's. It could've been the fact that I only ever been to the one at the beginning of the school year and they picked me for a contest. It was embarrassing but at the end of the day I had fun.

"Alright man see ya then," he walked away with Maria. Ugh, this means another lunch period solo. I need friends.

I walked towards my first class and I saw Tristan by his self for the first time. I guess this is the perfect time I thought as I walked towards him.

"Hey," I said and he looked up from his phone. "Can we talk."

"Sure I'll meet you after the pep rally," well at least I have a few hours to think of how I'm going to tell him.

"Okay," I walked to my first class and waited for the bell.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I guess I can say I was paranoid all day I felt as if someone was going to find out my secret and tell Tristan before I do. After the pep rally I walked around looking for Tristan. I hope he didn't forget I practiced what I was going to say all day in my head. When the gym cleared out I saw him near the door with a friend so I walked over to him.

"Alright man I'll text you later," he said and walked towards me. "Come on let's go to Hardee's." He went to his car and I went to mine and we left.

About 10 minutes later we pulled up at the restaurant and ordered some food. Man I'm starving. When our numbers was called we grabbed our food and sat down. I immediately started to eat my fries like it's my last meal.

"Slow down before you choke," he said biting his burger making me blush. The way he looks is making me hot. I grabbed my shake and drunk about half of it to distract me from this hotness in front of me.

"So what did you want to talk about," he leaned sideways in the booth drinking his soda.

"Well it's about that night at the party," I said trying to think of what I mentally wrote earlier. I wiped my mouth looking at my empty tray.

"What about it," he said facing me fully placing his hands on the table fingers interlocked.

"Well we slept together and stuff," I started.

"Yea I'm aware of that I was there," he said. Why can't he just put two and two together.

"Well we didn't use a condom and I'm carrying your baby," I finished looking at him. His jaw dropped and he looked at me and as much of my stomach as he could with the table blocking the bottom half.

"Well I don't know what to say," he said when the shock wore off. "Mom is definitely not going to like this," he mumbled rubbing his face.

"Well I haven't told anyone except my cousin and my brother," I played with my fingers getting nervous.

He took a deep breath and looked me in the eye. "Okay I guess we have to tell our parents."

"I guess so. So what are we going to do with the baby."

"I guess we can try co-parenting and see where it goes from there but I think we should get to know a little bit about each other." He said and we just sat there and talked for hours. He took it better than I thought.

When we finally leave it's 7:14 p.m. and I see 5 messages from mom asking where I am. We walked outside to my car.

"Well I guess I'll see you later here's my number in case something happens."

"Okay I will probably make a doctors appointment to check on the baby this week I'll send you the day and time when I know," I said getting into my car.

"Alright see you later," I drove home and when I opened the door I saw mom sitting in a chair in front of the door.

"Oh crap," I jumped holding my chest. He's trying to kill me. "Mom why are you sitting in front of the door." I walked over to the couch and sat down.

"What do you mean 'why am I in front of the door' you decided to go out somewhere and not even tell me anything." He crosses his arms in front of his chest giving me the "I'm pissed" eyes. Maybe now wouldn't be the best time to tell him.

"Where were you and why didn't you text me back letting me know your okay." Maybe now is the time.

"Mom I have something to tell you," I looked down at the floor.