-7-

~Persephone~

We walked down the street, walking and talking and looking around. He was trying to figure out what I wanted to eat, and sorry to say, I was that girl that wasn't all that sure. He asked what type of food I liked, and I made him choose. He said pizza, I said no. He said Chinese, I said no. He said, Mexican . . . and I said no.

He crossed his arms. If looks could kill, I would be dead. 

"Really, you can eat anything you want."

"I am not even sure if I am hungry," I said, rubbing my stomach. I saw H's eye twitch. I restated my statement. "But, I really am up for anything."

He raised an eyebrow. "Really?"

"Yeah, wherever you want to go."

"How about that restaurant," he pointed across the street. I didn't like the looks of it, I didn't feel like there was anything I would really like to eat. But I said yes, just to keep his sanity in check because I was sure I really was testing it right now.

We held hands as we crossed the street. We were greeted just like we were at the bookshop. Did he just know everyone in town? 

He got the best seat in the house, according to the waiter. H looked at me when we were seated and asked, "Is this okay?"

"Yes."

"You sure?"

I nodded. "Of course."

When we were handed our menus, I looked over the prices, and realized this was just crazy amount price for everything. I could feel myself sweating, looking for the cheapest meal. Wait, was I going to pay for myself? I didn't have 40 dollars for just the side orders! I was a college student.

I didn't know how to ask him if he was going to pay without sounding like a rude person.

"So, what are you going to have?" I asked.

He pointed to a 100 dollar steak, and I could feel my wallet crying. "What about you?" he asked.

"Water."

He raised an eyebrow, "And?"

"Water is free right?"

"Steffi, you can order whatever you like, money isn't a problem."

"For you," I said.

"And for you. Don't worry, I got this."

"Wait, is this a date?"

He blushed, and seeing red in his cheeks was so entertaining. Something about him, a strong-looking man who looks like no one will want to mess with was actually blushing.

 But I loved it. It made me like him even more.

Oh god . . . I have a crush.

"Do you want it to be?"

"Um . . . I've never been on a date before."

He laughed. "I will say it is a date, and show you a proper date."

"That's nice, because my roommate suckered me into a date on Saturday," I said, regretting it.

He raised an eyebrow. "Oh?"

"I don't even know the guy, but she set me up. It's a double date."

"That doesn't sound all that good."

I shrugged. "I'll go to just be a friend."

"Well, I hope you have fun on your double date. It'll be fun," he smiled. 

I was actually surprised he wasn't all that upset. Maybe it didn't matter to him what I was doing, maybe this was just a one-time thing, and he was never going to see me after I got home. 

~Hades~

I was dead on the inside. 

I mean, I was always dead on the inside, but I really felt dead this time. I have a collection of souls walking around the Underworld, and not one could make me feel human. I've tried speaking to them, but it was so annoying. Why am I here? Where is my family? Blah, blah, blah. 

I just wanted to scream, "You're dead! You knew this was coming your whole life, why you so shocked?"

The urge to take her was very hard to fight off. 

She said it wasn't a real date. I felt that it was a real date though. 

Without me. 

What was I supposed to do? I wanted to take her, but it wasn't something I could live it. Even if I were alive. I couldn't make her do anything. I didn't want her to hate me. 

I wanted her more than anything but I wasn't going to take her. I just need to keep an eye on her. 

Closely. 

But also give her space. 

God, why was this so hard?