-24-

"Of course, I would love to come," Hades told me. My mouth about drop, going through the floor. I sat down across from him, not really expecting him to say yes to me asking him to come to Thanksgiving to my mother's house.

"Wait really?"

"Of course, why wouldn't I?"

"That's not weird?"

Hades set back in his desk we're going up to the ceiling. The smile grew on his face, and I had to admit it was a very cute charming smile. It has been a week since I spoke to my mother. Debbie informs me that I needed to ask since Thanksgiving was at the end of this month.

"Do you think we are moving too fast?"

"Too fast?" Hades asked me cocking his head. "What do you mean?"

"Well I never been in a relationship before, so I don't know what the timeline was supposed to be."

He laughed. " I don't think there is a timeline. I think it's different for everyone else. Some people fall in love in a day, some falling in love in a year. I don't think there is a timeline set in stone."

"Are you nervous about meeting my mother?"

"Well, of course," he said. I started giggling, which slowly turn into loud roars of laughter. "What?"

"You're scared of my mother?"

He shrugged. "She may be a scary lady, I don't know this."

The laughing wouldn't stop. "But you're . . . you're . . . you're Hades!"

"And she's your mother." 

"You can't be scared of my mom!"

"Yes, yes I can. I'm human too."

"No, you're not!" I argued.

"Oh, well, fair enough. Just tell me the dates, and I'll come."

I told him the dates, what days I was thinking about heading towards my mom's house. When I told him, it was only 2 hours away, he suggested that we drive. I was highly confused, as I had never seen him drive before.

"Why don't we just show up?"

"I like to be normal, to treat this as a human event. And if that means driving 2 hours and Thanksgiving traffic, I suppose that is my life now."

"That doesn't sound like fun."

"Anything is fine as long as you're next to me."

I blushed really hard, and got up from my seat, walking around to the desk. I sat on my usual spot, and he put a hand on my knee, playfully teasing and laughing with me. He gave me a kiss on the cheek, and then pulled me into his arms.

"Hey!" I protested.

"Come, I want to go to my favorite place in all of the world, and all of the Universe. I would like to go to the Garden Room with you."

"Are you going to put me down?"

He started to walk with me in his arms, refusing to give the idea a thought. The rest of the night, we sat by the olive tree, where we said that we loved each other.

That tree was always my favorite tree. Every time I closed my eyes, and I thought about it, a smile would crawl on my face, and I would drown in the happiness that surrounded me.

How was it that I fell for him?

Sometimes I feel like I'm crazy, and that this must all be a dream. And even if it was a dream, I hope to never wake up, because if I did I would just be waking up into a nightmare.

 A world without him, a world without his love, then my life would have been meaningless. I never knew true happiness until I met him.

And for some crazy reason, he loves me too.