-16-

~Persephone~

We stared outside that window for the longest time. It was really hard to look away from the view. It was absolutely breathtaking. I suppose that's why it was called the underworld. we talked about everything that we could think about. Talking to him was so easy. I have never connected to someone like him before.

It still felt like a dream. No way it could be real.

But he felt real.

"So why do you come to town?" I asked him.

"I am not sure, something about that very spot has drawn me there for the longest time. I suppose it was probably because of you."

"That doesn't really make much sense. I just moved there about 6 days ago. How long have you been going to this town?"

"before the town was even built."

"So . . . Why me? Of all the people in the world, why would you be interested in somebody like me? I know you keep saying that you're drawn to me but why? I mean, not trying to be too harsh on myself, but look at me," I nervously laughed.

He didn't laugh. Instead, he just shook his head. "Persephone, do not talk low about yourself. I cannot begin to Fathom why you would think so little of yourself."

"Well, look at you and look at me. I'm a nobody compared to you. Literally, everybody in the world has pretty much heard about you."

"That might be true, that you are everything to me."

"How can you say that? Give only known each other for less of the week."

"Well, feelings like these... I have never felt them before. It is very strange. I don't know how to act on them. It's just, the second I saw you, I felt like I wasn't myself. That I was floating in a way. Floating away from reality. Something about you is so magical, and I don't want to let that feeling go."

I stared at him and aw. I wanted to tell him that's how I felt with him too. That he was all I could think about for the last week. That every time I was around him I felt like I was floating into space far far away from reality, unable to make it down back to Earth.

I wanted to tell him all that.

I wanted him to know how I felt for him, and how all I ever wanted and the last week was to be close to him, even possibly being his arms.

"I suppose I am just being silly right now," Hades said.

I regretted not speaking up, but I didn't know how else I could tell him how I felt. Slowly I just left the topic go. My pockets suddenly vibrated, and when I checked I pulled out my phone, to see that my mother was calling me.

"Wait..... How is my mom able to call me right now? Aren't we in the Underworld."

"Well, we may be in the Underworld, but we're not animals."

I stood up and answer the phone call. "Hello?"

"Oh Steffi! How are you darling? How has your night gone? How was your first weekend at college? Are you making any friends now?" my mother said without skipping a beat.

I started pacing around the room, as Hades just watched me. I kept flushing every time I would make eye contact with them.

"Yes, everything is fine Mom. I have been making a lot of friends here. And the classes are really nice. How is everything at the shop?"

"It is going well here. Customers miss you here," my mother nervously laugh.

"I don't know why they would miss me," I joked. "It's not like I was really helpful there I didn't know much as you."

"You can always come back whenever you want darling you know that."

"I know Mom, I know."

"So darling, we need to talk about the next time we can visit each other," my mother hounded me. I know she was sooner or later, I was actually quite surprised that she waited so long.

"I know Mom, and I hate to do this to you right now. But I'm really tired, I'll call you in the morning is that okay?"

"Anytime is a good time for me," she told me. "I love you Steffi."

"I love you too Mom," I said hanging up the phone. Hades was still sitting on the floor watching me. He looked like a curious puppy from the angle that he was at and I couldn't help but smile at him. God of the underworld, huh? supposed to be this Almighty, all scary guy.

And yet he reminded me too much of a teddy bear.

"That was your mother?"

"Yes, she calls a lot."

He laughed. "Well, maybe I should get you back to the main world before your mother really freaks out."

My stomach growled and we both stared at it, a little shocked that the noise came from my belly. We looked up at each other.

"We need to get you some food," he said standing up, towering over me. "Come, we can eat anywhere you want...... Actually, I will just pick a place and you will deal with it. No offense my love, but you are terrible at making your mind up with food."

I laughed at him. It sounded pretty fair to be honest.