-25-

The weeks came fast enough. I studied for the exams, and took them mindlessly. Hades offered to help me with the exam. I thought he was talking about studying, but he offered me the power to see the answers to my test.

I really, really, really thought about it. But in the end, I rejected his magic to help me cheat. I told him I wanted to do this on my own, to fail or pass on my own.

I wouldn't figure it out till I got back to school. That was ok. I honestly wasn't worried about it. Despite spending 99% of my time with Hades, I did actually study for a lot of the material. Debbie on the other hand, she was freaking out just a little. By a little, I mean she went into hiding under her bed, not wanting to come out. I understood.

But she shouldn't have taken morning classes.

On the week of Thanksgiving, Debbie left early for her family that was about five hours away. I know she was not happy about it whatsoever. They didn't understand her, but she had an art scholarship so in her words, "My family can suck it."

I was happy it was just going to be my mom and me. And Hades.

The morning we were supposed to leave, I started to freak out a little bit. I packed a backpack for home (I didn't need much) and waited for Hades meet me at my dorm. My mother kept texting me all morning, how she was so excited and blah blah blah. I felt like I was going to be sick.

I really hoped that Hades didn't think my mom was weird.

My phone rang, and it was him. "Hello?"

"Hey, downstairs."

"See you in a second."

I hung up the phone, and took one last look at my dorm, hoping my mother will let me return after this break.

When I made it downstairs, Hades had normal jeans on and a nice jacket with a plaid scarf. It was so odd to see him so normal like, to actually look like he blended in well.
When he saw me, he smiled widely, very happy like. I saw no sign of nervousness on him. I was jealous.

"There is my little flower," he said as I walked up to him. Seeing him like that, it melted my heart. I grinned an evil smile as I stopped in my track. He looked confused. "You okay?"

I placed my bag on the ground and started to wiggle my body. "Ready?"

"For what-"

I sprinted at him, jumping on his, thankful that he actually caught me. I smashed my lips into his. When I pulled back, he wouldn't let go of me. "That was nice little flower."

"You can put me down now."

"Nope, I like you in my arms like this."

"I'm two feet off the ground."

"I shall carry you to my car."

"Wait, no, Hades, put me down!" I laughed as he started walking. "My bag!"

Hades flickered his wrist and the bag came to him. With me in one hand, and my bag in his other, he started to walk towards his car. When I saw his face, I saw those eyes light up, sparkle. "You know Steffi, I was scared about this, but I look forward to meeting your mother."

"Why is that?"

He shrugged. "She's is your blood, and if she's anything like you, we should get along very well."

"Well, she is a hippie, she likes everyone. So it would be hard for her not to like you."

He laughed. "Wouldn't be the first time."

"What do you . . . oh, right. . . well, I like you."

"I sure hope so."

"If I didn't, would I let you carry me like this?" I asked.

He gave another laugh. "Suppose so. Here is my car."

He put me down on the sidewalk, next to a new looking black car. I wasn't sure what the make was, or what year it even was. The license plate on the back looked almost fake. "What . . . is this?"

"My car?"

"What type?"

"Mine," he grinned. "From my world."

"Well, I hope it has seats are okay because it's going to be a long ride."

"Don't worry little flower," he said opening the door for me, letting me in.