-19-

~Persphone

Debbie and I had saw him outside the dorm building. He was waiting on me. I could see in his hands, he had a bouquet of flowers. My heart has sunk. "Oh my God," Debbie had said when she saw the flowers too.

"I know," my mouth had hung open.

"Well you better get down there before I do," she laughed pushing me out of the room.

As I walk down the stairs, and towards the front door, I could feel myself visibly shaking. I don't know if I was scared or nervous.

Why did it feel different, now that I knew who he was? Why should I have felt any different? I still feel the same for him I think.

When I open the front door, I actually saw him smile at me.

When I walked up to him, he put his hand up, and brush some of the hair out of my face, the way that I like him to do that. "You look absolutely breathtaking," he told me.

My heart had sunk. Was he just really good at that? Making me feel like I wanted to pass out?

"Ironic that you would say that," I told him, and to my surprise, he actually laughed. I regretted saying it, thinking of how much of a dork I was, but likely he always laughed at the stupid things I usually said.

"How was your day?" He had asked me as he handed me the flowers. I couldn't help to take in the smell.

"Thank you for the flowers. And my day? It was fine, Debbie and I made up. I think it was helpful to know that she wasn't in control of last night either."

"In an odd way, I think I am thankful for last night. It is really nice to have somebody know who I am. And of all the people for you to know."

We started to walk down the campus. "Do other people know about you and the other world?"

"Yes and no, mostly when they're only dead. But other than that, it is just a god, some Spirits, monsters, and now a little redhead girl who I can't get out of my head," he teased me.

I actually giggled at him, feeling so silly on the inside. I had held on tight to my flowers, very thankful for them. I don't think I ever had a man give me flowers before.

Wait a second, was he a man? Or was he a God? A spirit? I was even sure what to think, I don't even know if he was real or not.

Even if he wasn't, and even if this was a dream, I hope to be asleep forever so I could have this dream.

"So why did you want to see me tonight?"

"I always look forward to seeing you, and every opportunity to come to see you, I seem to always take it."

"Where do you want to go?" I asked him.

"That is a very good question little bird. Would you like to go back to my world? I would like to show you something."

"Back to the underworld?"

"Only for a short period of time. I don't want to take you there, but I have a very exciting surprise for you."

"What is it?"

He put his arm around my shoulder bringing me closer to him. "Do you not know what the definition of surprise is?"

"Well, just taking a wild guess here . . . it means you're not going to be telling me."

He poked my nose gently, "So you do know what it is."

I started to giggle, and he laughed in his deep voice. Hades, God of the Underworld, King of the Dead, had actually just booped my nose.

*-*-*

We ended up walking to the bench that we had met. He did that thing as he did before, waving his hand, and a portal to his world had opened up. It had seemed if you blink to your eyes for one second, you would miss an eternity with him.

We walked inside, and we were in the same hallway that we were last night. He had to take me past his office. I wanted to ask him if he would carry me again, considering how long the hallways were.

Before I had the courage to ask him, he took me through the last double doors down the hallway. We entered a very large room, I believe it might have been larger than the throne room. There was a tree in the middle of the room.

I stared in awe at the beautiful weeping willow.

"Oh wow," I said walking around the tree. "These are actually my favorite type of trees."

"I placed it and the center for you, I wanted you to see it. . .. I want this room to be your room."

"What? What do you mean my room?" I asked, staring at him. He had shifted his body as if I was making him uncomfortable. Maybe he was nervous? But How could somebody like him be nervous if somebody like me? It almost made me want to laugh.

"When you come and visit me here, I would very much like for you to work out a garden for me. Like you promised."

"You want me to grow a garden for you?"

"Yes, and I placed this weeping willow in the center. You had promised me, didn't you?" He had raised his eyebrow and crossed his arms. "And . . . and you must keep your promise."

I know when men do that, they try to act intimidating, as they were the ones in charge. But to me it just made me laugh more than anything.

 He smirked at me, and it was the way that he did. I couldn't help myself, something overcame my body, making me dash at him.

I had leaped into his arms with no worrying, wrapping my whole arm around his neck. He placed his arms around me, holding me up. "Thank you so much!"

He held me tighter, placing his large hand on the back of my head. He whispered into my ear, "You are very welcome little bird."