Uninvited guest

Oh Hana

"Let's have fun gambling, Saera."

That sentence sets all of us apart from her. Saera takes out the cards from the box again and scatters them on the table in mere seconds. We all look at the two of them in horror.

"Senior, you can go first." Soomin already has her eyes on the cards and she seems more serious than before. Her eyes are moving while she has her index finger pointed to her jaw for support.

"Hmm..."

"You don't need to think too hard, senior." Saera speaks up, while her eyes are directly staring at Soomin. "We're supposed to have fun after all. Plus, from tonight, you're sure to say goodbye to those awful meat and greet the crunchy and delicious vegetables. I'll have someone the same as me from now on."

Soomin starts flipping the cards one by one. The first card is the sign of Taurus, her second card is its constellation and her last card is the Earth element. The three cards has made a match. She does this in one go.

"Saera, you're really a bad junior, aren't you?" Soomin starts speaking while lifting her head up and looking straight into Saera's eyes. Saera is taken back by her words.

"You're the daughter of South Korea's famous toy company and this deck of cards is one of your company's production, right?"

"What are you saying-" Saera seems like she's confused. Her sentence is cut off by Soomin who is speaking and continuously flipping the cards one by one on the table.

"You have rigged the game by using this despicable trick, Saera." I look at Jimin and Hoseok who are also looking back at me and we all turn our head to Soomin and Saera who has completely lost her smile.

"Done!" Soomin jolts up smiling while looking at Saera. "I've already matched 7 signs... which means it's an automatic win."

We are so engrossed by what Soomin has just said and don't even realized that she has already matched the signs without losing even one chance. Saera has her eyes grown big as saucers as she looks at the table.

"Wha-what? H-How did you-"

"As I said, you're using such a despicable trick. You should have been more careful."

Lee Saera

My eyes are watching her in fear, my legs are trembling so hard as she speaks with her eyes straight at me.

How much does she know...

"Let me give you a piece of advice." She smiles at me so freely, making me more frightened. "You should be more careful, especially when your family's business is on the line."

Did she figure out-

"I would've lost if you changed the cards. But the marks on the cards are still the same, aren't they?"

How did she-

"No wonder you use the canteen instead of the classroom." She walks to me as I am unconsciously taking a step back. "So, does that mean it's the reverse? I can't wait for you to taste the delicious, chewy and juicy meat. Why don't we have breakfast tomorrow together? Between a senior and a junior?"

"S-Stop... P-Please stop..." I stutter fearfully of her. She stops in front of me and places her hand on the table.

"So?" She asks me in monotone.

"I-I c-can't...."

Kim Soomin

I look at her, well, also testing her somehow. I'm sure no one here expects this outcome.