Rules don't imply

Kim Soomin

"WHAT?!" Raeyong bursts out angrily in confusion.

"Hana chips aren't worth the most. Mine are." I exchange my debt tag with Hana and show it to him.

"Ta-da~" I lightly shake the tag while his eyes are as wide as saucepans. "My debt is $93 million whereas Hana's $40 million."

Each of his chips is worth $2.5 million while Yura's worth $4.2 million.

"This is invading the rules!" He growls at us while declaring the truth to everyone, hoping that Yujin does something about it.

"Aren't you going to do anything about it?!" He looks at Yujin who is standing calmly.

"There aren't any rules that say you must put your own debt tag in front of you." Yujin simply says without looking at him.

"THIS IS UNFAIR!" He has finally realized that Hana and I have swapped our debt tag and he perfectly fell for it.

"Weren't you listening? In the world of gambling, if you fall for a trick, it's on you." Yujin walks gracefully, ignoring him and opens the door.

"The game has ended. Everyone may take their leave. Thank you for playing." We all walk out while Raeyong is losing control in the room.

"Ha Raeyong, if you don't restrain yourself, then you're expelled." Yujin says lowly and everything has quickly become very quiet.

We're walking back to our dorm since it's already evening.

"Soomin, why did you help Yura? You could've won second place." Hana turns to me.

I don't answer and just smile. At that exact same moment, my stomach rumbles loudly, signaling that I need to have dinner.

"I'm hungry. Dinner?" I turn to her and she hesitantly nods. I walk much more faster than her, leaving her behind, but I manage to hear her saying thank you for signaling her to fold in the last game.
**********

Kang Yujin

"Was it interesting, Yujin?" She asks me as soon as I arrive in the room.

"Yes, president." I recall back to the incident a few hours ago.

"This is the result." I nervously
hand her the folder with both hands and she takes it.

"Is it really okay to let go of the reins like this?" I kneel next to her while laying my head on the arm of her chair.

She doesn't reply. The folder is residing on her lap as she picks it up with her slender beautiful hand.

"Oh? How surprising." She opens the folder and looks at the results of the game carefully. Even though she said that it's a surprise, it doesn't seem like it's a big matter to her at all.

"She could've won second place... first place even! But she didn't. She somehow manipulated Gee Yura into standing up against Ha Raeyong, her bully instead." I report back to her everything that has happened during the game.

The president has a small smile on her green glossy lips as she's looking at the paper with her right hand supporting her tilted head.

"I'm waiting for tomorrow's decision. How fascinating..."
***********

Kim Soomin

"Your plan worked." I tell her with my mouth full of bimbimbap.

We're both currently eating dinner in my room just like I suggested. I hate eating alone, so I ask her to join.