Chapter 5: Phone Call

Its early morning and I'm up early watching the sunrise. People have been blowing up my phone but I haven't felt like answering.

My work phone begins to ring. I check the number and its an unknown caller. I pick up anyways. "Hello" "Hey how are you?" The caller asks. "Who this?" I ask bluntly "Your date." I assume the worst. "The one in the blogs" The voice says. "Oh chanyeol" I say surprised. "Yup" "oh hows everything?" I ask wondering why he's calling. "Its great just wanted to say thanks for telling Joy to post those pictures. She told me about how you gave her the idea"."Oh no problem I'm glad it worked I wasn't sure it would" I try remembering what I told Joy. "Yea well I just wanted to thank you. If you need anything feel free to call me". "Ok I will thanks"

I hang up and pat myself on the back. I begin to text Joy to brag about being so smart when  my phone rings. "Hello" I prepare my speech to Joy "Girl what did he tell you?" She exclaims. "Chanyeol? nothing much he just thanked me for being such an intellectually brilliant person" I brag."Girl let me tell you he literally asked me for your number four times. I told him I could just contact you myself, but he insisted. Sounds like hes trying to make those blogs a reality girl". I laugh. "Joy I think your reading to much into this". I say eating a cracker "No I'm serious he texted me thanks and when I told him you came up with the idea he was like 'give me her digits' I said for what? He was like I just want to thank her". "really" I say unconvinced "I've known him before debut take my advice and run".
"Well....ok I'll be weary of him if he text me" "You better, I heard he twerks in the shower, doesn't wash his clothes, doesn't like mangos and he once ate my homework". "what?" I say half laughing "yeah mango's, your favorite food, I mean what can you expect of someone who doesn't even like salt on his fries " "wow. well thanks for letting me know I'll call you back later" "k glad to help".

I hang up and make my way to the balcony. My tea is still warm and delicious. Im adding more sugar when my phone begins to rings, I look over and catch a glimpse of the caller. I hesitate but grab my phone anyways, I answer and listen silently. I can hear him clear his throat on the other end, "hello" he whispers. "hey" I reply. ".....I just wanted check up on you to see how you were doing" "I'm doing well" I blurt. "Well.....I just wanted to hear from you" he hesitates. I stop for a second and decide its best to confront him. "Why have you been trying so hard to get a hold of me" I begin. "Rosé.....you know how I feel about you". I stir my now cold tea and put it to the side. "NOW Jungkook, you feel this way about me NOW. But back, when you were huddled up with Lisa you didn't think twice about how Rosé might've been feeling. Go lay up with someone else and forget about me like you did then." I bite into my cracker. "Rosé I never would've thought you liked me. You never noticed me, even when I tried getting your attention". "Yes, because you were trying so hard". I say sarcastically "I was nervous Chaeyoung, my feelings for you were too strong, I was terrified of rejection". I scuff "But not terrified to date Lisa around me, And Terrified of what Jungkook ! On Valentine's day I even sent you a cupcake through Jhope that you never even cared about". "What!? he never told me it was from you!" This suprises me so I mentally note it. "So where was nervous Jungkook when it was time to date Lisa, my BESTFRIEND. And When I befriended you, you never as much as glanced my way". "I felt guilty. I wasn't comfortable around you Rose. I dated Lisa to get over you but we broke up because I knew I still had feelings for you". I stop myself from getting any angrier "And you blatantly disregarded Lisa's emotions aswell. Too late Jungkook too late. With that philosophy I might as well go date Jin to decide if I really care about you or not." I drink my cold tea. "Jin?! who isn't half the person as me". Jungkook exclaims "Wow a dumbass, a snob, and a horrible friend too" I laugh. "I care for Jin but I wouldn't share you with anyone Rose". I stop sipping my tea "You know kookie I'm going to have to ask you please stop wasting your time. Your attractive, young, and you have your whole life ahead of you so go find some other muse and forget about me. Nice hearing from you goodbye". Jungkook sighs and I go to hang up, when he blurts out "Who will you go to Rose, back to that boyfriend of yours Leo. Jisoo told me he stole your car, why are you even with him?!". This information about Jisoo suprises me, I mentally plan to have a word with her. "No Jungkook he stole some of my money, so I resold the car he was using which was under my name so he's currently on bike now". "Lmao! Rose can't you see it. Your wasting your time. We belong together. I know you care about me, you haven't ignored my messages or rejected me yet". "What would you consider this" I asked. "Uh well". Just as Jungkook is stuttering I recieve a message on my personal phone.

I laugh at the irony of who it is. I open the message and see a picture of my so called boyfriend kissing a girl who I use to know till she moved and we lost contact. I stop myself from bursting into laughter and start reorganizing my thoughts. Jungkook is silently waiting for me to respond. I begin "You know what Jungkook I think this should be discussed in person". 'Yess' I hear him mumble under his breath, I laugh "I'll text you the info or call you back" I hang up.

The girl who's posing with Leo in the picture, is Lydia she's only 19 but she has a mother, notorious for sending her sons to jump who ever she's dating. I could think of a list of guys her mom would allow her to date and Leo was not on that list. I felt I should warn Leo considering all Lydia's four brothers were proffessional athlete's, but Leo went to the gym every now and then, and counted calories so I assumed he could handle himself. Just incase, I texted him 'Watch out for her brothers' I then blocked his number and deleted him off my contacts. I got rid of that problem, now back to deciding on Jungkook.

Jungkook may have been cute but frankly I didn't trust him. I went back into my room and began getting ready for work I had to get to the company early and I decided to get a hold of Lisa before texting Jungkook about our meet up, I also wanted to talk to Jennie about this Leo incident. I took a shower, tied my hair up, slid into a warm sweater and sweat pants, and headed out.