Confusion

During his class, he finally clarified with himself that what happened the night at the party was just his imagination. He can now stop worrying about what if and what if not and to continue on what's more important; his grades. He had a 66% in his art history class. He groaned in disappointment as the professor showed him the grade from his last exam. Sehun was sure he remembered the main important points of each chapter, but it was clear that he didn't study enough. 

A few hours after his last class, he was skimming through the pages of European Renaissance art, trying to remember the dates, titles, and artists of the art pieces. There was always something else on his mind. He would rather be biking with his new club, or even hang out with Junmyeon to drink. Anything but staying in his study area, bored to death. But this is something that he has to do to prevent from failing the class. His future is on the line, anyway. 

He threw his pencil in frustration and complained, "Why are we studying European art anyway? What's the significance?" Sehun wasn't an artist, but he thought to take this class to fill in his curriculum was a good idea. He instantly regrets it when he realized he had to read more things he didn't understand.

His phone chimes on his desk. A picture of Junmyeon leaning against his bike popped up along with his name. Sehun answered.

"What?"

"Did you want to hang out tonight? I don't feel like bike riding today, so I'm going to just binge watch some action films at my place. I have some beer, too."

"Can't today..." Even though this sound fun to Sehun, he knew he had to study at least for tonight for the upcoming pop quiz. He checked his clock on his date and it was 8:48 pm "I have to study tonight for this quiz.  I'm really on the borderline of passing and failing."

"You gotta do what you gotta do," Junmyeon replied, "What subject is it anyway?"

"Art History." 

Sehun heard him stifle a laugh on the other end. "You're failing art? That's such an easy subject!"

"Hey shut up. It is not as laid back as you think. The chapters are humongous, and my memory is terrible."

"I've taken art history before. All you have to do is know the artwork and understand its significance around that time period. It can't be that difficult." Junmyeon teased. Sehun's face felt warm in anger. 

"Well, it's not only that. The only thing I'm mainly losing points on is the essay part. I am just blunt about it and explain the main points, but she keeps saying there's more to it than that."

 "Ah, I see. The answer essays can be pretty precise.  I can help you if you want. I've taken an art history class before and remember getting an A."

Something in Sehun's gut fluttered.

"Instead of watching stuff, I can help you with your studying. Sometimes I forget you still go to school."

Studying with his best friend is better than being alone, bored to death in his lonely dorm. 

"Okay, sure. Give me half an hour." 

When Sehun got there, he set his messenger bag on the kitchen table and took out his giant book of art history, a notebook, and a pencil. 

"What chapter you're working on?" Junmyeon asked, holding a dark beer bottle in his hand, leaning against the counter.

"15th century Italy," Sehun murmured, and opened the page where it was recently booked marked. Junmyeon leaned over his shoulder and stared at the pages.