The Exam

Sehun decided it was best he avoided the practice race and Junmyeon altogether. He bit his lip nervously, fighting his temptation to answer Junmyeon's phone calls and countless worried text messages. He tossed his phone across the bed and hid under the covers, sniffling. 

BING! BING!

Sehun groaned at the notification text tones and he pulled the covers off. Frustrated, he stormed out of his bedroom, deciding to distract himself with a long, thoughtful shower. The messages pop up on his screen again.

JM: Sehun, are you ok?

JM: I haven't heard from you in a few days.

JM: Hello.

JM: Where are you?

Tuesday morning was his last final class of the semester. Sehun was so confident that he was going to pass this Art history class with a solid B at least. Last weekend, he studied hard, turning off his phone from distractions and fighting off the thoughts of Junmyeon in his head. He took the opportunity to focus on his class since he was on the borderline of passing or failing. It took all of his maximum effort to focus in his book, jotted down anything that could possibly be on the essay part of the exam in his notes, and studied the take-home guide like a bible. 

After taking the last bite of his grilled cheese sandwich, he headed out of his dorm. When he arrived, he was one of the few earliest students, anxiously tapping their pencil, just ready for this day to be over with. 

Moments later, the professor came in and started to pass the exams to the from the first row, and when he came to Sehun's desk, his eyebrow lifted. 

"I hope you studied last weekend," the professor said and tossed the packet on Sehun's desk. Sehun smiled back, with the packet in his hand. "Either way, I will not be seeing you again." 

The professor gestured to the rest of the class, "The Exam begins now. No talking. If I see anyone cheating, you automatically fail my class!"

Sehun took deep breaths and read the first question:

Explained in detail what happened in Venice during the Renaissance?

"Shit..." Sehun murmured under his breath. He skimmed that chapter...

Sehun put his things into his backpack and dropped off his finished test, heading out the classroom with a deep sigh. It is finally over. At least he can't beat himself up this time since he honestly did his best, even without Junmyeon's help. Sehun questioned if he should just stop being his friend, or disband from the biker club since it brought him more pain than satisfaction lately. Who cares about the race? Why even care about what matters to Junmyeon? He liked Junmyeon a lot and since that day at the bar, he couldn't stop thinking about it. The sore pain in his chest and the dryness creeping in his throat when he felt like crying. He hated to cry. He wanted it all to stop. As he walks down the steps toward the parking lot, someone grabs him hard, almost knocking him off the steps. Sehun gasps as he's caught off guard, almost throwing a fist. But instead, he glances up, his heart sinking as he stares at Junmyeon dead into his stern eyes. 

"What is wrong with you?" Junmyeon asks angrily. Sehun thought, how can he be angry. I'm the one who should be angry at him for playing with my emotions. 

Sehun is taken aback, scoffed, "What is wrong with me? How could you ask me that?!"

"You skipped the practice races and avoided my calls all weekend for no reason. I thought something happened to you!"

Sehun rolled his eyes, "I had to study for the exam."

Junmyeon scoffs. "And you didn't let me know at least? You didn't ask me to help? You didn't at least let me know you weren't going to join us for the race?-"

"I don't want to race," Sehun murmured, but it seemed as though Junmyeon didn't hear as he was still talking. In frustration, Sehun runs his hand through his face.

"...I text you but I almost forgot you told me about this exam. I know school is important too, but you can't just disappear like that! The race is this Thursday! You know that right?"

"Hyung!!!" Sehun shouted, and Junmyeon immediately froze, astonished by his assertive tone.

"I don't want to do this anymore!" 

After that, there was silence between him. 

"W-what do you mean?" Junmyeon stammered, confused. 

"Don't play dumb, Junmyeon. We can't keep doing this. I'm not just a bet anymore. Do you always bet with people's heart? Do you do that with the other members as well? I'm not some guy you can just toy with whenever you want!"

Junmyeon's eyebrows furrowed, trying to understand what he was talking about, reading Sehun's face.

"What the fuck are we doing?!" Sehun exclaimed, "Am I more than just a silly bet to you?"

When Sehun doesn't get another answer from Junmyeon, he throws his hands in the air. "Fuck it, forget it!" Sehun's eyes start to swell with tears. "I knew all of that wasn't real. I was wrong. You never liked me, you only want to toy with me as you did with Chanyeol. I knew I shouldn't have caught feelings for you. How about you fucking leave me alone. I'm done!" He shoves Junmyeon aside to get to his bike.

Before Sehun reaches for his helmet, Junmyeon grabs his wrist and yanks him back to him. He keeps a firm grip, making sure Sehun doesn't break free this time.

Sehun suddenly couldn't hold it anymore. Tears began to roll down his face and now he is swarmed with anger alongside his heartbroken sadness. He hated anyone to see him vulnerable like this, but Junmyeon kept his gaze, suddenly staring at him dreamily and in awe.

Junmyeon doesn't give Sehun a chance to react for he grabs this face and kisses him hard. Sehun's eyes wide but not protesting as he feels Junmyeon's warm soft lips against his. Sehun gasps as Junmyeon's tongue slightly parts his lips and deepens the kisses further. Junmyeon's forced weight on Sehun sends him almost falling backward, but Sehun catches himself as he grabs on onto the seat of his bike, his helmet knocking on the ground. Junmyeon closes his eyes, his arm suddenly wrapping tightly around Sehun's waist, both leaning against the bike. Sehun moans into his mouth from how good Junmyeon's kisses are. His anger and frustration slowly diminishing and he suddenly felt his face grow warm, and his heart beating faster. He would be lying if he said he didn't miss this, even if it is in the middle of an empty parking lot. Junmyeon did not stop until he surely poured all of his heart and sincere apology into the kiss.

Sehun gasped as Junmeyon finally breaks the lip lock, his eyes wide and puppy-like. But then he gets even more confused when Junmyeon softly laughs under his breath, wiping the tears from his face.

"Sehun..." Junmyeon whispers, "Of course you're more than a silly bet. These feelings I have are real, and you're the only one I like in this way."

"You liar..." Sehun growled, "I saw that hickey on Chanyeol's neck when you two left the men's room."

"That hickey was from his girlfriend. I went in the men's room to talk to him about the race. We never did anything. He was actually more upset because he had been fighting with his girlfriend moments before. You can even ask him yourself, you idiot."