Chapter 4

I grabbed my bag after the bell rang getting ready to leave art.

"Wait, Sam." Noah called after me.

"Yeah?" I asked while turning towards him.

"So, the homecoming game is Friday." He started.

"Oh yeah," I said playing it cool trying to make it not obvious that I'm actually excited to go.

"Are you going?"

"Yeah, I think so."

"Good." He said with a smile. Why is that good? He must've realized what he just said because he quickly continued. "Oh, Uh the after party." He said all flustered. Why is he getting all worked up?

"What after party?" I asked as we continued to walk.

"Woah woah woah, What do you mean what after party? It's like the most iconic party of the year. You've never been?" He said in shock.

"Uh, no." I laughed. "Not my thing."

"Well you should come," he said coming back to his suave self.

"No promises." I said before walking away to meet up with Nate.

** Noah's pov

I was in so much shock that she didn't know what the after party was that I got too nervous to ask her to go with me. So I just told her she should come.

I've never been too nervous to ask a girl out what was happening to me? It's not that I like her or anything she just makes me nervous for some reason.

** Sam's pov

As I walked out to my car with Jake I felt someone tap me on the shoulder.

"Hey Sam, can we talk? I need to ask you something."

"Uh, sure," I said confused. "Here I'll meet you at the car." I said while handing my keys to Jake. He gave me a confused look that I returned back to him.

"So, I was thinking that you should go to the homecoming after party," he began. "With me," he waited for my response. "If that's okay with you," he smirked.

"Wait, What?" I asked confused.

"What was confusing about what I said?" He joked.

"No, nothing I just- you know what? Sure, I'll go with you." I nodded.

"Really?" He said as he visibly got excited. "Awesome. After the game... that you'll be at I'm assuming?" I nodded yes. "I'll drive us there."

"Okay, cool" I smiled. "I'll see you then." I said before walking away.

I got in my car and sat behind the wheel. I looked over at Jake who still had a confused face.

"What happened?" He asked.

"Zac just asked me to go to the homecoming party with him." I said in shock.