Chapter 11

"Okay, you can wait in the car while I run in real quick." Noah said as we pulled into the parking lot. "Don't miss me too much," he said while giving me a smirk.

As I was sitting in the car alone I found myself smiling uncontrollably. I kept thinking about the afternoon I had with Noah and for some reason it was giving me butterflies.

"You look happy," I heard Noah say as he through a backpack into the back seat. He opened the back door for his sister and then he got back into the drivers seat. "Sam, this is my sister Emily. Emily this is my friend Sam."

"Hi, Emily." I said while smiling.

"Hello," She said back. "Are you Noah's girlfriend?" She asked.

Noah and I both let out a laugh and I looked over to him.

"No, Em, she's not." He answered.

"Well why not?" His sister questioned.

"Emily," He said giving her a look through the mirror.

~~~

"She's cute," I said to Noah as we drove back to my house.

"Yeah sometimes," He said while keeping his eyes on the road. "Sorry about her interrogating you," he laughed.

"It's fine." I replied. "How old is she?"

"She's eight," He responded.

"You guys seem close. It's cute."

"Ha thanks, not as close as you and Cole though. You guys are like best friends."

"Yeah we're pretty close. I guess that's what endless family days do."

"You have family days?"

"Ugh, yeah. It was cute when we were little but now it's honestly just a waste of time." I complained. "I know, it's lame."

"No, no, not at all. I think that's cool. I miss having those kind of days."

"Then why don't you have them?" Right when I asked the question I knew it was stupid. "Uh, sorry you don't have to answer that."

"No it's fine," he said while he pulled up to the school parking lot. It looked creepy at night especially because my car was the only one there. "My dad died a few years ago and it just hasn't been the same since. My mom works crazy hours now and there's just no time. Plus it would feel weird without him." He explained while turning to look at me.

"Oh, wow, I'm sorry I had no idea."

"It's fine, most people don't." He answered. "So, tell me about your parents."

"Uh, well my dad is a physical therapist and my mom is teacher. Pretty boring, they're great though."

"Well they have an awesome daughter." He smiled making me blush.

"Oh Cole? Yeah he is pretty awesome." I joked causing Noah to smile.

"God you can never just let me give you a compliment can you?" He said while looking into my eyes. We sat there for a few seconds, but it felt like forever.

"Uh, I should probably get home I have a lot of homework." I said awkwardly.

"Uh, oh yeah, yeah I'll see you at school tomorrow."

"Yeah I'll see you," I said before getting out of the Jeep and getting into my car.