Chapter 7

The four of us walked into the party and within minutes I was all alone. I found a couch in the living room and I sat there on my phone.

You guys NEED to pick me up

I tapped my phone anxiously waiting for one of them to answer.

Hannah Banana: why? What's wrong? Did something happen?

No I just want to go home

Hannah Banana: Oh, then no. You need to stay

I rolled my eyes instead of responding.

"Sam," said the familiar deep voice. I looked up. "Where's Zac?" He asked as he handed me something to drink and sat next to me.

"Don't know," I responded taking a sip of whatever the drink was hoping it would be alcohol.

Thank god, lemonade svedka.

"Where's Maci?" I asked.

"Oh I don't know, probably with a guy or something." He said as he leaned back.

"A guy? Aren't you guys together?" I asked as I watched him sip his drink.

"What? Me and Maci? Together?" He asked. I nodded. "No way," he laughed.

Not what she said.

"She just needed a ride here so I offered." He further explained.

About an hour later and multiple drinks in, Noah and I were still sitting on the couch. We were talking and laughing and I was actually having a great time.

"Hey, you look good by the way. I don't know if I told you that yet." He said with a smile.

"Thanks," I smiled back. I felt like I was getting butterflies but that could also just be the alcohol hitting me.

"You're like, really cool." He further complimented me.

"You're not too bad yourself." I joked.

"No seriously, why haven't we talked before this year?" Even though his voice was getting softer, his words were all that I could hear. No music, no screaming, no laughing. Just him.

I opened my mouth to respond but I was interrupted.

"Hey, Sam."

** Zac's pov

As soon as we walked into the party I booked it. Maci told me when we made the deal that I could ditch Sam once I got here, so I did. I ended up finding some hot junior and hooking up with her.

While I was leaving the bathroom an angry Maci approached me.

"What the fuck do you think you're doing?" She asked in a fit of rage.

"Well I think it's pretty obvious-" I started.

"No, I mean with Sam! Why is she with Noah?"

"You said I could ditch her so I did."

"Well I changed my mind, now go get her. I held up my end of the deal now it's your turn."

"The deal was for me to take her here and I did." I explained.

"Come on, Zac," she begged. "I'll do anything."

I smirked.

"Ew, no. Not that. Anything else," I just looked at her with an expressionless face. "I'll tell all the girls that you're the best I've ever been with." She bargained.