2.4

Sunday afternoon rolled around and Yeona and Lucas were in the library, studying for their upcoming midterms. Yeona was a little skeptical at first, wondering if Lucas truly wanted to study or not. But as soon as they got to the library, the boy already went to work. And out of the two, Lucas was more concentrated on his work than Yeona was, who seemed to be too distracted by his godlike looks.

Along with helping the other out every now and then, they also got to know each other a little better, to Yeona's liking. As much as she wanted to keep talking to Lucas, he was always there to remind her to get back work. Though he did find her cute when asking questions about him constantly. 

"Yo," Lucas whispered, throwing a crushed up paper ball at Yeona's notebook, rolling next to her arm. She pulled out her earphones and looked up, "Yeah?"

"Help me out with this question real quick." Pausing the song on her phone, Yeona got up from her spot and moved over to the seat next to Lucas.

They decided on sitting across from each other, only so they could have their own personal space for their books and other belongings. But it did become a problem when Lucas needed help, constantly replying with 'what??' every time she finished explaining something. So when he did need help, she would move over beside him, which wasn't as often.

"What do you need help with this time?" Yeona asked, tucking in her chair closer to the table.

"Sorry..." Lucas sheepishly rubbed the nape of his neck, feeling a bit guilty for using up Yeona's study time for his own needs.

"No don't be sorry, nothing's wrong with asking for help... although you did say you were smart."

"I am smart... in other ways."

"Ways?"

"Subjects, I meant subjects." Lucas coughed awkwardly, clearing his throat.

Yeona raised an eyebrow and let out a stifled laugh, "Uh aha, okay um so what's the question?"

Lucas pointed to a lengthy question in his textbook, sighing, "I still don't get the whole Contemporary Psychology thing, you know with behavior and mental processes."

Yeona nodded her head, she listened to his concern while reading off the rest of the question, "You do know the difference between them, right?"

He shook his head, "Not really, mind reminding me again?" He gave her a timid smile, making her softly giggle to herself.

She found it funny that for the past few hours, he was the one to ask her for help, despite him being the smarter one out of the two. She didn't quite know what to think, he did say he was going to help her today.

"Okay well, behavior processes is anything an organism does while mental processes are the internal, subjective experience we infer from behavior."

Lucas let out an 'oh', trying to processes the information into his head, "Um, can I get an example?"

Yeona thought for a while, tapping her fingers on the textbook, unaware that Lucas was watching her with a smile slowly growing on his face. He found it cute when Yeona was in deep thought, she stuck out her tongue slightly and rhythmically tapped her fingers away. It was a habit of hers, one that she didn't know others would take notice of.

A few seconds later, something popped in her head.

"Okay so lets just say you're nervous before an exam because you didn't study much the night before. Since you're nervous, you would classify that as mental. And as a result you would behave accordingly, so you might start sweating or uncontrollably shake your leg. Does that make sense?"