4.3

Pushing open the heavy glass door, Yeona walked inside the new lecture building. Trudging through the halls with a fogged mind on her way to her first class of the day. The smell of freshly painted walls still potent despite it being a week since its completion.

It might have been bothersome to some but she was too distracted to even take note. She barely slept the night before, practically a walking zombie roaming through the halls. It wasn't only because of the jittery nerves being the first day of the term.

Late night conversations took over her dorm, it seemed to last more than a few hours, breaking until dawn. That night Yeona spilled everything to Minseo.

Every thought, every feeling.

She couldn't hold it back any longer and needed to tell someone. Who better than her best friend. She still hadn't gotten any word from him, it had been another week since. Not even the day after she came back from holiday to see him and his 'ex' talking.

They were just talking. Talking wasn't harmful enough to worry about.

They both agreed it wasn't best to jump to any conclusions, assuming the worst was to happen. Though with every 'what if' that popped up, they strongly convinced each other that it couldn't be, and to take everything with a grain of salt.

That is what Yeona told herself while walking down the hall, that it wasn't a big deal. That she shouldn't worry so much about everything that's happened.

It was the first day and the only thing she should be focusing on is getting perfect grades this semester. Holding her head high, she put on a bright smile as she reached her new lecture hall.

That was until she walked in, scanning the semi empty room for the perfect seat when she spotted the one person that made her warm smile turn cold.

They seemed to notice her too, a huge grin on their face while waving at her, "Yeona! Over here!"

Not to be vile but this was the last person Yeona wanted to see this early in the morning. It would be too rude to reject, walking right past them or even turning back and bolt out the room. But she had to remind herself that everything was fine.

"Take it with a grain of salt..." Yeona mumbled to herself while attempting to mirror the same smile back, heading over and sitting down at a desk next to theirs.

"How have you been? It's been forever since we've spoken. How was your break?"

Yeona was trying to comprehend the fact that they were being nice to her, even energetic compared to everyone around them. They hadn't spoken to each other in almost two months and assumed that they weren't on the best of terms considering everything that had happened.

Seeing the smile never die down on the other's face showed that she was far from expecting what was to come.

She decided to keep it simple, not wanting to go into any specific details. "It was good, I hung out with my family and got to catch up on some sleep. Sounds kind of boring but it was relaxing. How was your holiday, Eunmi?"

"Honestly my break was the same, I got to spend time by myself and just go over everything that happened last semester." Eunmi pulled out a few pencils from her case, placing them on the desk, "The last couple of months were interesting. Don't mind me when I say this but I also had time to think about my relationship, just what we were and view it in depth."

Yeona didn't have to ask to know she was referring to her relationship with Taeyong. She thought it was odd she was casually bringing up the topic of conversation. 

Was this even the time and place? She could barely move on from last night— despite telling herself everything was fine.

It was so random, she thought, it almost felt like she was doing this on purpose. Hitting her with a curve ball so early in the day.