2.5

"Here are your menus and I'll be right back with your drinks." The waitress said before giving them a smile and leaving their table.

Yeona replied back with a thank you before looking down at the lengthy menu placed in front of her.

Yeona had dragged Taeyong to a fancy and expensive restaurant. Though Taeyong had protested a few times along the way there, stopping once in awhile to persuade her into going to a different restaurant.

But Yeona being Yeona, she refused to listen, already having her eyes on this specific one for a while now. And before Taeyong could embarrassingly beg her again, she had already walked in, booking a table for the two.

Her eyes wandered around the menu, looking for something appetizing. Taking mental notes of a few choices, she looked over at Taeyong, hoping he could help her decided. But when she looked up, her eyes met with his glaring ones. His menu was still placed in front of him, unopened.

She sighed, "I'm not the menu so I don't know why you keep staring at me," She leaned over, flipping his menu open and pushing it closer to him, "Pick something quick bud the waitress will be back soon."

Taeyong's eyes didn't leave hers, still infuriated at the girl. Yeona wasn't fazed however, shrugging off his angry glare and focused back on the menu. He gave up eventually, sighing heavily while picking up his, starting his search for the cheapest dinners.

Yeona pursed her lips, speaking up after a few minutes of silence, "You find anything you like?"

"Yeah, the steak," Taeyong mumbled, eyes not leaving the menu.

"Ohh, nice choice."

"Yeah, it comes with a steak knife, perfect for stabbing things."

"Wow, I like the thought process." She said, thinking about it while nodding her head.

Taeyong looked at her with an eyebrow raised, his face twisting with confusion wondering if the girl really had the brain she claimed she had. Shaking his head, he looked back at the menu, scanning the different prices on each meal. 

Why is everything so expensive? Is each dish made out of gold?

Were his thought once he saw the prices of each option. He wasn't ready to spend all his money on one night's dinner, let alone for two people. He just hoped Yeona would be considerate with her choice.

Just at that moment, the waitress arrived back at their table with their drinks, Taeyong ordering regular water while Yeona got herself sparkling water, wanting to feel fancy.

Taeyong immediately took his cup, downing the water out of nervousness. Yeona and the waitress stared at the boy, giving him a questioning look.

The waitress cleared her throat, "So, are you guys ready to order?"

Taeyong nodded, "Uh yes... I'll get the garden salad."

"And for the main course?"

"T-That's all."

The waitress couldn't help but give him another look, raising both eyebrows this time. Taeyong sheepishly smiled at her, reaching for his water and taking another lengthy sip.

Yeona grinned at the girl, laughing awkwardly, "He's just joking! Forget the salad, he'll get the medium rare steak and I'll have the lemon basil salmon."

Taeyong started choking, water spewing out of his mouth and all over the table. Yeona covered her mouth, holding in a laugh as she watched him cough repeatedly while wiping the table with his napkin.

"W-What?! No I don't–"

"That's all, oh and I guess you can get him some more water." Yeona smiled back at the girl, ignoring the gawking look Taeyong was sending her.