France

This takes place in 19th century in France which is the 1800s.

.•°♡▪♡°•.

"Hurry, hurry, hurry! We are all leaving in 20 minutes so get ready!" My mother exclaimed in a worried tone. I roll my eyes and fix my hair as well as my dress.

Apparently my parents got invited by one of their very close friends. He is one of the richest people in all of France. They are taking this opportunity to find a good suitor for me.

I really didn't want to as I still believe in the myth of finding your soulmate. Mother says that it is real, but the dowry system ruins it for the people that believe in it. Father probably wants to get rid of me while my two brothers stay with him until they get married.

My little brother, Adam, is against the dowry system and wants me to stay, but father won't allow it. What a shame. My big brother, Victor, doesn't really care, but he doesn't want me to go either.

Mother walked behind me and looked at me with soft and loving eyes. She readjusted my accessories and hugged me.

"You look beautiful, (Y/n). He will be the luckiest man in the world to have you as his bride," she said with a happy tone, but her face said otherwise.

Her eyebrows furrowed as she had a huge frown on her face. She never got the chance to meet her soulmate as she was forced to get married to be in the higher class of people. It happened to her and it is going to happen to me.

"I don't like this. I want to meet him. I want to meet true love and not some man that is just going to shower me with jewels and gold. It wouldn't matter if he was of a lower class I just want it to be him."

My mother nodded as she hugged me tightly. I hug back and hide my face in the crook of her neck.

"I know. You're the not the only one who feels that way, but you have a better chance at finding them than me. Now let's go to the party. I'm sure you'll have a fun time there,"
I chuckled and we left the room to go outside.

We made it to their friend's house. His house almost looks like a mansion, no, a castle. Is he really just a normal person and not a prince?

We all made it in as my little brother held my hand with a hint of boredom on his face. Most of these parties are rather boring and uninteresting that my little brother and I sleep at the parties at times. Father always scolds us for doing so as he says it is rude to do so.

Mother and father saw another one of their friends and stopped by him and chatted away. I rolled my eyes as Adam and I walked away to find a table for us to eat and sleep.

"Ready to die of boredom, Adam?" I asked in a playful tone. He started to laugh and nodded.

We sat down and laid our heads on the table. As we did I saw Father turning our way as Adam and I sat back up. Well there goes my nap.

"Behave yourselves, especially you (Y/n). At this rate you'll never find a suitor with your attitude and behavior," he said with an upset look on his face. He probably wasn't even sorry.

I roll my eyes again and just rest my head on the palm of my head. Buzz kill. Mother turned around and started to tap father. Whatever she said got him worked up and made him all nervous. My brothers and I looked at each other with weird looks.

Father is not a nervous person so what is the big deal? I looked at mother to give me some answers, but she got up and left with father at her side and left somewhere. What the heck?

"(Y/n)? Is that you?!"

I know that voice anywhere. It is Mademoiselle Lucille. She is one of my best friends. I didn't know she got invited too.

Immediately I got up from my seat and walked up to her to give her a hug. She embraced me with a tight hug.

When we let go I got a good look at her dress. It looks really expensive and very shimmery. She is the friend that has the nicer things, but that is ok.

"How have you been? I haven't seen you in awhile," I said with a smile on my face knowing I have a friend here to talk to.

"Oh my gosh it has been horrible. My older brother is so worried about my suitor. He found this Italian man who is very wealthy, but now regrets his decision. I don't want to get married, but I have to for this family. How about you," she asked.

"I am in the same situation, suitor wise," we started to chuckle until a blonde man came by.

Lucille started to smile. "Speak of the devil, that is my older brother, Francis."

I turned my head to actually get a good look at him. My gosh is he stunning. He has beautiful blonde wavy locks. It was as if his hair was gold string if that exists. He has beautiful mesmerising blue eyes. Not to mention he is pretty tall too.

Dear lord does Lucille have a hunk of a brother. He walked up to us and started to talk to Lucille.

"Bonjour, Lucille," he turned to me and picked up my hand to give it a kiss. "Bonjour mademoiselle."

The way he said it could make any woman's heart melt right on the spot. His accent is very soothing to the ear and the way he talks is everything.

Lucille's brother looked at me straight in the eyes until they widened. My eyes started to hurt as I tried to blink the weird feeling away. And then I saw it.

The myth. It isn't a myth, it is real. A purple shimmer spread across both of his eyes as he then came out of a trance.

"A-Ah forgive me, mademoiselle." He said as he started to blush many different kinds of shades of red.

"I-It is o-ok. N-No harm d-done, Monsieur." He then got dragged away by other people but kept staring at me as he was taken away.

As soon as he was out of sight, Lucille started to nudge my arm with a smug look on her face. I lightly hit her arm as I roll my eyes. She started to chuckle.

"I can see Francis has his eyes on you, (Y/n)."

"Shut up," I said immediately as she just started to chuckle. She walks away and head back to the table where my brothers were at.

"Thank you for leaving us (Y/n). You are our only source of human interaction," Victor said with such boredom. I roll my eyes with a smile as I sat down in my chair.

Apparently my parents abandoned us on this boring party with no entertainment. The highlight of my night is meeting Monsieur Francis.

Then I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around to see the hunk of a man, Francis. My heart started to race upon seeing his appearance once again. It's as if the Gods blessed the Earth's surface with a piece of heaven itself.

"Sorry to brother you mademoiselle, but can you come with me for a moment," I couldn't help but nod. Who would turn down his offer?

He held my hand gently and guided me up the stairs of this mansion until we reached a huge balcony that had roses everywhere and a bench sitting there.

We sat down as he turned to me. "You saw that too, right? It wasn't just me that saw it?"

Francis sounded a little excited yet desperate. It was as if he was waiting for a miracle like that. To answer his question though I nodded.

He then started to smile as tears started to appear at the corner of his eyes. My kind instincts kicked in as I moved closer to him to wipe his small crystal like tears away.

"Don't cry, Francis," he held my hand as he started to smile.

"I'm sorry, but I can't believe I found you. All these years wasted on someone who wasn't grateful for what I had to offer. Now I found you. My other half. I'm just so happy to know this," he embraced me into a quick hug as he squeezed all the air out of me.

I hugged back trying so hard to take in oxygen.

"My name is (Y/n) by the way."

"A beautiful name for a beautiful person."

I started to blush as well as smile. I guess this night really was worth coming to.